SASS Wire Forum

Cinco de Mayo

Go West

We did our part and got take out from our favorite local restaurant. Had some tequila and Mexican beer to help wash it down. An enjoyable time at home since we couldn't eat and drink out. Is anybody else getting a bit restless?

Had to work so no big deal for me.

An interesting (hopefully) tale. The Hispanics around these parts have one h*lluva party on May 5. We were once staying in Playa del Carmen Mexico on May 5, we were all excited, figured there was gonna be a fiesta grande! Most people we talked to didn't even know what we were talking about. Our cab driver said "I think they do something in Puebla." What a bust. :angry:

JHC

I saw on our local plague  website that parents no longer needed to bring the children to pick up the free meals. Just proof that you actually had the children. School ID card, birth certificate, like that. And it said you pick the meals up "at the site or at the bus stop".

That kinda sorta sounds like the bus drivers are delivering the free breakfast and lunch.

41 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I saw a school bus this morning

A Bit restless?? I’m starting to chew the legs on the furniture.

3 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

An interesting (hopefully) tale. The Hispanics around these parts have one h*lluva party on May 5. We were once staying in Playa del Carmen Mexico on May 5, we were all excited, figured there was gonna be a fiesta grande! Most people we talked to didn't even know what we were talking about. Our cab driver said "I think they do something in Puebla." What a bust. :angry:

JHC

We went into Nogales, Mexico on May 5 quite a few years back when my wife's late folks lived in Green Valley, Az. There was a huge celebration; schools were closed, big parades with groups of those great synchronized horsemen, etc. It was a blast.

3 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

We went into Nogales, Mexico on May 5 quite a few years back when my wife's late folks lived in Green Valley, Az. There was a huge celebration; schools were closed, big parades with groups of those great synchronized horsemen, etc. It was a blast.

Guess I need to go there next time.

JHC :lol:

14 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

yesterday I had a lettuce sandwich with mayo on it .......... do that count ?  :huh:

Only if you had 5 of them.

7 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

JHC

September 16th is Mexico’s Independence Day and celebrated much more than May 5th, which is a bigger deal in the US than Mexico. Mostly for bars and restaurants.

50 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

yesterday I had a lettuce sandwich with mayo on it .......... do that count ?  :huh:

Only if it was a sub sandwich. ^_^

51 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

September 16th is Mexico’s Independence Day and celebrated much more than May 5th, which is a bigger deal in the US than Mexico. Mostly for bars and restaurants.

Most people around here are clueless as to what it means, just a party. Never heard of Puebla, let alone the battle of Puebla.

JHC

Archived