SASS Wire Forum

Pedersoli

Trigger Mike

I've often admired the pedersoli 58 remington but never bought one.  I've never seen a pedersoli army or navy.  Did they ever make one?  Is it better than uberti?  

I've noticed that I can not find the 58 remington anymore. 

13 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I've often admired the pedersoli 58 remington but never bought one.  I've never seen a pedersoli army or navy.  Did they ever make one?  Is it better than uberti?  

I've noticed that I can not find the 58 remington anymore. 

Pedersoli makes a SAA clone, Comes in Blue and nickle with a couple of barrel lengths.

pistols Doc Holliday Blued Model 4,2''

https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/tipologia-prodotti.asp/l_en/idt_73/pistols-doc-holliday-single-action.html

Their custom shop puts out  an 1858 Remington Pattern PEDERSOLI CUSTOM

Thanks to our continuous relationship with target shooters we decided to work on this special version of the acclaimed remington pattern revolver, further improving the mechanism and the finish.

The trigger group and the cylinder system are treated by a special hardening and finishing process, such as to reduce the friction to a minimum, improving the mechanical smoothness. tapering the main spring to increase its flexibility, reducing loading resistance and vibrations when firing the revolver.

Barrel, frame, the hammer and cylinder are polished with fine emery paper, before the chroming. the walnut grips have a comfortable hand grip.

397V349.jpg

Just a nit-picky, historically correct...ah...thing.  There isn't and never was a "M1858 Remington" revolver! :o  What everybody recently and nowadays calls an "1858" was originally marketed by Remington as the "New Model Army".  The reason for the 1858 appellation is that was the patent date stamped on the NM Army.  Of course, there is no such thing as an "Old Model Vaquero".  We just call them that because Ruger named the newer model, "New Vaquero"! 

Stay well, Pards!

Archived