SASS Wire Forum

Look out for new drivers

Trigger Mike

GA and another state decided that new drivers do not need the driving test due to social distancing.  We thought that they still would take the written test on line.  My daughter is over 16 and had a learner's for over a year but was nervous about the driving test.  To help her i set up parallel parking for her in my yard and my wife took 2 and 5 hours trips and my daughter drove.  

She went on line to take the test only there was no test.   After $10 she printed out what appears to be a temporary license.   There was not a place for the drug class or other usual requirements.  

Look out world.  

I thought this was going to be about the 5-year old kid that got pulled over in Utah, driving his mother's car to California.

He wanted a Lamborghini. Mom would not buy him one, so he took her car and his life's savings ($3), and headed to California to buy one for himself.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/5-year-old-boy-pulled-over-utah-while-driving-california-n1200196

Many years ago, I began furiously honking at the car turning right from the left lane as I was also turning right in hopes of avoiding it. Nope, the idiot smashed into the left door instead of stopping his bone head move. Turns out it was a 16 yr. old kid who just got his license the previous week. For some reason, he remained locked in his car until the cops came instead of exchanging insurance information. It might have been because I was screaming at him saying lots of choice words and invectives. :o

Well, “they” are letting pedophiles and dirtbags out of prison in California. What’s the harm in allowing 16 year olds drive without a test? I mean, C’mon! Kids have to have their way, right? It’s the “Nanny State” showing that they support their constituency. 

28 minutes ago, Go West said:

For some reason, he remained locked in his car until the cops came instead of exchanging insurance information.

Not quite the same but similar.

When I was 19 I worked at the bank. 16 year old Tim also worked at the bank. His first car. I had to go take something to another branch, and as I was backing up I backed into his car. I go inside and tell him "I hit your car. I got to go to Tyndall, but we will take care of it when I get back".

When I returned the police are there, and they are arresting me for leaving the scene of an accident. Tim had called his insurance company, and they asked where the driver of the other car was, and when he told them "he left", they told him to call the cops.

We got everything straightened out when I told the police that I had told him I hit his car before I left, and he agreed that I had told him, therefore there was no "hit and run", and I did not have to go to the graybar hotel.

Maybe the scared kid in his new car called the insurance company and said he was in an accident, and the insurance company told him not to move until the police showed up.

Archived