SASS Wire Forum

15 days and still waiting in CA

Dirty Dog Doug

I bought SxS 12 gauge for sporting clays and trap 

the cowboy coach gun did not have chokes and some place don't like 20 " barrels .

the store said call first cause Gavin is running way behind in background checks .

15 days and counting 

Check the law.  It’s possible that the State forfeits it’s right to check if it does not perform within the period prescribed.

I don’t know; check that out.  If there is no language, contact your CA State Representative.

Cat Brules

2 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Check the law.  It’s possible that the State forfeits it’s right to check if it does not perform within the period prescribed.

I don’t know; check that out.  If there is no language, contact your CA State Representative.

Cat Brules

This is California, his representative doesn't give a rats fat ass if he ever gets his gun! or ammo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Triple-D's state representative is Rob Bonta.  To give a perspective on Mr Bonta...

Assembly member Rob Bonta (D-Oakland) introduced AB 1927, which will allow people fearing suicide to voluntarily and confidentially submit their own names to California’s background check system to prevent themselves from purchasing a gun. 

Hm.  I s'pose he meant well....    :huh:  <_<  

Dang!  I couldn't live like that.  Yesterday, it was less than an hour between receiving the call from my FFL that my new rifle had arrived and I walked out the door with it having completed the background check in between.  And 15 minutes of that was drive time.

All gun stores here are still closed per order of our Republican governor, who first ordered them closed, then ordered them open as "essential", and then deemed them "nonessential", closing them all again.  Since even private sales/gifts require background checks here, it's been over a month since anyone in this Commonwealth could buy or sell a gun.

Lawsuit is pending; good luck; Courts are closed except for emergency matters.

LL

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

All gun stores here are still closed per order of our Republican governor,

Charlie Faker...  I mean Baker, is no Republican.  When he was up for reelection last time, I actually expected him to switch parties and run as a Democrat.  I was surprised when he didn't. 

"Assembly member Rob Bonta (D-Oakland) introduced AB 1927, which will allow people fearing suicide to voluntarily and confidentially submit their own names to California’s background check system to prevent themselves from purchasing a gun. "

That reminds me of the scene from Blazing Saddles where Cleavon Little holds himself hostage...

50 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Charlie Faker...  I mean Baker, is no Republican.  When he was up for reelection last time, I actually expected him to switch parties and run as a Democrat.  I was surprised when he didn't. 

Only in a state like MA could a pro-abortion, anti-gun, big government politician be considered a Republican.  A pro-life, pro-gun candidate would be dead in the water come election time.  Still, he is a fiscal conservative, and has held down spending such that we have a $1B budget surplus (or did before this virus started messing with taxes and unemployment).  I've met Baker; he is a conscientious, well-intentioned fellow, and very bright.  But like most other MA politicians, he has little or no concern for the 2nd Amendment, which they treat as an antiquated irrelevancy.

LL

1 minute ago, Doc Flimshaw Sass# 73310 said:

The gunstores have posted on their websites that background checks are running up to 30 days due to the current goings on

New update:

The California D.O.J. (Department of Justice) Has Not Been Able to Keep Up With Demands of the unprecedented Increase in Firearms Sales.  The California Department of Justice Firearms Bureau has now gone from being three days behind the 10-day Background check/registration to 6 days behind. This means the wait has now increased from 10 days to 16 days until you can pick up your firearm. We will continue to call you for a pick-up appointment. All other transactions, Gun purchases, Gun Background Checks/Registration, Ammo Background Checks, Accessory Purchases, P.P.T.’s (Private Part Transfers) and Selling Used firearms to Gun World are by appointment only. Per Burbank City Ordnance we can only have 4-5 people in the store at one time. We are still getting 200-300  requests a day for appointments. Due to the constraints of Social Distancing and the unreasonable, redundant and unconstitutional restriction imposed upon us by the State of California we can only help 50 Gun World Customers a day.

12 minutes ago, Doc Flimshaw Sass# 73310 said:

New update:

The California D.O.J. (Department of Justice) Has Not Been Able to Keep Up With Demands of the unprecedented Increase in Firearms Sales.  The California Department of Justice Firearms Bureau has now gone from being three days behind the 10-day Background check/registration to 6 days behind. This means the wait has now increased from 10 days to 16 days until you can pick up your firearm. We will continue to call you for a pick-up appointment. All other transactions, Gun purchases, Gun Background Checks/Registration, Ammo Background Checks, Accessory Purchases, P.P.T.’s (Private Part Transfers) and Selling Used firearms to Gun World are by appointment only. Per Burbank City Ordnance we can only have 4-5 people in the store at one time. We are still getting 200-300  requests a day for appointments. Due to the constraints of Social Distancing and the unreasonable, redundant and unconstitutional restriction imposed upon us by the State of California we can only help 50 Gun World Customers a day.

With just a little more effort you could make that completely unreadable.  :D

Angus

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Only in a state like MA could a pro-abortion, anti-gun, big government politician be considered a Republican.  A pro-life, pro-gun candidate would be dead in the water come election time.  Still, he is a fiscal conservative, and has held down spending such that we have a $1B budget surplus (or did before this virus started messing with taxes and unemployment).  I've met Baker; he is a conscientious, well-intentioned fellow, and very bright.  But like most other MA politicians, he has little or no concern for the 2nd Amendment, which they treat as an antiquated irrelevancy.

LL

Not to mention how he keeps supporting the idea of automatic gasoline tax increases every year.  

5 hours ago, Ozark Shark said:

Dang!  I couldn't live like that.  Yesterday, it was less than an hour between receiving the call from my FFL that my new rifle had arrived and I walked out the door with it having completed the background check in between.  And 15 minutes of that was drive time.

One advantage with living in Montana.  If you have a carry permit, you pick out your firearm, fill out the 4473, show them your carry permit,  lay down your money and walk out with your new toy.

23 minutes ago, Jeb Stuart #65654 said:

One advantage with living in Montana.  If you have a carry permit, you pick out your firearm, fill out the 4473, show them your carry permit,  lay down your money and walk out with your new toy.

Texas also.

22 minutes ago, Jeb Stuart #65654 said:

Wyoming too!    :FlagAm:   

help me out here:  Massachusetts

isn't that where Lexington and Concord are?

where the Boston Tea Party was?

Paul Revere and the Raiders (wait Raiders are in Nevada now?!?)

First shots of Am Revolution?

FWIW:  Texas is still pretty much Texas

4 hours ago, Doc Flimshaw Sass# 73310 said:

New update:

That is totally unreadable :excl:

OLG 

Here is the above post in black.

==========================================

Doc Flimshaw Sass# 73310 said:

"The California D.O.J. (Department of Justice) Has Not Been Able to Keep Up With Demands of the unprecedented Increase in Firearms Sales.  The California Department of Justice Firearms Bureau has now gone from being three days behind the 10-day Background check/registration to 6 days behind. This means the wait has now increased from 10 days to 16 days until you can pick up your firearm. We will continue to call you for a pick-up appointment. All other transactions, Gun purchases, Gun Background Checks/Registration, Ammo Background Checks, Accessory Purchases, P.P.T.’s (Private Part Transfers) and Selling Used firearms to Gun World are by appointment only. Per Burbank City Ordnance we can only have 4-5 people in the store at one time. We are still getting 200-300  requests a day for appointments. Due to the constraints of Social Distancing and the unreasonable, redundant and unconstitutional restriction imposed upon us by the State of California we can only help 50 Gun World Customers a day."

41 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

help me out here:  Massachusetts

isn't that where Lexington and Concord are?

where the Boston Tea Party was?

Paul Revere and the Raiders (wait Raiders are in Nevada now?!?)

First shots of Am Revolution?

FWIW:  Texas is still pretty much Texas

Yeah; but after those historic events, we decided to allow a lot of dependent-type folks to take up residency; they were and are easily led by certain politicians to believe that the people should allow themselves to be kept by the state; that no one except the police should be armed; and that the governing elite know what is best for the ordinary people.  It is amazing how completely people can be converted to passive followers, largely because it is easier than learning to think for themselves and less scary than standing up for their own rights and beliefs.  

LL

Our Governor made it an executive order that all sporting goods/gun stores must remain open, that they were an essential item in this virus mess.  God bless him!

(we don't have a state income tax, either & gasoline is $1.32 per gallon!).

Also, if you have a: "license to carry", LTC (formally called a concealed handgun permit), you can order a firearm, or go into a shop and buy one, fill out the paperwork, and plunk yer money down, and walk out with it, right then. 

Your information, and fingerprints, and background, are already on file, since you have a license to carry, so why wait another umpteen days to get your firearm?  

My suggestion to those living in states that can't do that is....VOTE!  Get your family, your friends, your church group, your co-workers, your neighbors, anyone you know...to vote this year.  If you don't have a good candidate, then run for the office yourself!  If nothing else, you will let them know that you mean business, and that you are not satisfied with the way things are.  It is said the squeaking wheel gets the grease, so I do believe we have been silent too long.  Time to start squeaking, big time! 

Or football team won the state championship, a few years back, with a perfect 16-0 record.  Their motto was: "Together, we can!!!

So...Together we can!!!

W.K.

Still pending when I called the store today but the nice man said lots are being approved  on Day 16 .

I decided I need to suffer  more so I bought Ruger 10-22 take down  just cause it was shinny .

I hope to report good news tomorrow

Thanks for all the stories of buying gun in FREE America 

so old here I can remember walking out the door with long guns that day ..yes CA used to be great 

22 hours ago, Von Dutch, SASS # 7995 said:

This is California, his representative doesn't give a rats fat ass if he ever gets his gun! or ammo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Yeah, I live in California, too.  On the Central Coast.

Ask your FFL how the law reads (if it does) regarding the State’s tardiness in handling background checks within the prescribed period.

Or, of course, do what you like.

Cat Brules

3 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

Yeah, I live in California, too.  On the Central Coast.

Ask your FFL how the law reads (if it does) regarding the State’s tardiness in handling background checks within the prescribed period.

Or, of course, do what you like.

Cat Brules

Well the CRPA is working on that by taking them to court, but the courts are run buy the same people that are running the state, so good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

21 hours ago, Jeb Stuart #65654 said:

Same in Georgia.

I’ve been wondering what would happen if the back log took longer than 30 days, since the law requires you to do a whole new background check and transfer if you don’t pick up your gun within that 30 days. Be interesting to see that one play out. Glad you got your gun, Doug. Now we need CVC to open up again. I have three new guns I haven’t been able to shoot now with the lockdown 

Press release today indicates that a Federal District Court Judge has enjoined the Governor's gun store closure order; we should now be able to transfer guns, if the stores can get up and running and no one appeals the new order.

There is justice in the universe.

LL

Archived