SASS Wire Forum

I wanted to let you all know that Sage Chick officially graduated from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine this past weekend.  Because of the Covid19 it was not quite the graduation ceremony that she had always envisioned, but after 8 years of hard work she is Dr. Sarah none-the-less.  Many of you, especially if you know her and/or supported the SASS scholarship fund, were instrumental in this accomplishment. Thank you all so much.  Later this month she and Sam will be getting married in a rustic barn setting and settling in on the ranch (or farm as we call them in Ohio) near Newark where she will be working in an established vet clinic. Now that academia is behind her, she can actually have a real life, and hopefully get back out on the range and do some shooting with all of you.

Congratulations to a great girl (and shooter) I wish her the best of luck!!;)

Congrats. I know wasaaay back in the day, When I thought I wanted to be a vet, and enrolled at LSU in the pre-vet program, I quickly found out that it’s  easier to get into med school than vet school. (I didn’t do either). I wish her well in her future endeavors, both personally and professionally.   

Congratulations to Sarah. I know that it was a lot of work to get her DVM degree. We wish her success.

Cat Brules

Congratulations, young lady!!  Looking forward to shooting with you again soon!!

Super congrats !! That is a monumental accomplishment. My dad was a D.V.M. & I know what's involved - several degrees & mountains of work.

Congats, Sarah!!!

Great family to know and shoot with. Hope to see all of you back on the range soon.

Yep, watched her grow up shootin'

She's somethin'

Congratulations young lady!!!

@Sage Chick, SASS #48454 

Congrats for what was obviously hard work and a labor of love, as will be working in a practice. Hope you have great prospects!

I just got here so I claim zero credit for your achievement. But I sure don't mind contributing in the future to another similar achievement. Not that I will have any claim to the actual achievement (You are the one who actually did it), just happy to help make more possible in the future.

Wonderful how very special for you, DAD, and for the wonderful young lady we all enjoyed so much.

6 hours ago, Rowdy Bishop, SASS #48453 said:

I wanted to let you all know that Sage Chick officially graduated from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine this past weekend.  Because of the Covid19 it was not quite the graduation ceremony that she had always envisioned, but after 8 years of hard work she is Dr. Sarah none-the-less.  Many of you, especially if you know her and/or supported the SASS scholarship fund, were instrumental in this accomplishment. Thank you all so much.  Later this month she and Sam will be getting married in a rustic barn setting and settling in on the ranch (or farm as we call them in Ohio) near Newark where she will be working in an established vet clinic. Now that academia is behind her, she can actually have a real life, and hopefully get back out on the range and do some shooting with all of you.

Outstanding!  Congratulation Sage Chick.

I remember my wife and I talking to her about it at EOT some years ago .  Jan is a vet as well.  So many areas will provide money for vet school if a person promises to be a Large animal vet for them for a certain amount of time.  Our BEST to her for a great career

Congratulations and our best to you on a successful career and marriage!!!!!  What a journey to get there.  A special thanks to the SASS Scholarship Committee for helping her!

I remember her shooting at Firelands, she was about 10yrs old and used a single shot shotgun! She did NOT come in last!!! She was also using Blackhawks in .357 (.38's) also. You could just tell she was going to be something else!!

Archived