SASS Wire Forum

Big brother says the people are done

41 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

The media and politicians  have done a bang up job of scaring the HELL outta people.

JHC

Seems they are trying to do that now to control what people are doing.  IMHO the only way to get through this is for a majority of the population to get infected.  That means most of us need to get sick.  The trick is how to do that without overwhelming the hospitals and causing deaths due to poor or no medical care.  

a good example was the news last night, they had all the infection numbers from processing plants.  What they didn’t post was how many were hospitalized or had died.   Honestly I don’t care if everyone at the plant has it if no one died.   That means they probably won’t get it again and for them life will be back to normal. 

1 hour ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Lotsa people wearing them here too. Hate to rain on their parade, but any mask with the possible exception of the N95 is pretty much a joke, just makes people feel good. Talked at length about this with an old friend who's an MD and he agreed. He said a 0.1 micron virus can go thru masks as easily as a chain link fence.

I went to a couple stores yesterday, lots of masked people, VERY FEW wearing gloves. That's really about the only defense.

JHC

I was wearing gloves but realized there’s really not much point..
A. The virus doesn’t enter through the hands

B. If you touch your face with gloves on you’ve made them superfluous.
When I’m out I carry hand sanitizer and clean my hands frequently. When I get home I wipe everything I down that I’ve brought in with a disinfectant pad. 
I saw a lady come out of the store, open her car for with gloves on, put her bags in, start the car and drive off. If her gloves were contaminated her dorm handles, steering wheel, and car keys got contaminated too. Now, whether or not that’s a serious spread threat remains to be seen. But better safe than sorry.

Gloves can be handy, but have to be used correctly.  For this virus they are sort of a removable hand.  I use them when pumping gas.  Put on one glove, use that hand to touch public places, then remove it before I get back in the car.  That way I don’t touch any surface with my hand and don’t have to wipe down everything.  Wipes are in short supply. 

Just made a run to the local Westlake Hardware store to get a part for my chainsaw.  The parking lot was 2/3 full and lots of customers for mid-week, mid-morning.  I the conversation getting my pert,  the chainsaw repair guy said they had the biggest sales day ever on Saturday.  None of the employees had mask or gloves. I only seen one old gentleman with a mask. I didn't see anyone else wearing one.

My dentist is next door and I went to set up an appointment to get my chipped tooth looked at.  I could see his Suburban parked behind the office.   Sign on door said if you're sick, coughing,  don't come in.  I went in to find another fence that said "stop here".  Receptionist came out with mask wanting to take my temperature.  I explained all I wanted was to make an appointment. It wasn't an emergency. She said I could phone in and make one.  I asked how long this crap is going to go on. She says until the end of year at least.

What a difference 100' makes. 

1 hour ago, Still hand Bill said:

Gloves can be handy, but have to be used correctly.  For this virus they are sort of a removable hand.  I use them when pumping gas.  Put on one glove, use that hand to touch public places, then remove it before I get back in the car.  That way I don’t touch any surface with my hand and don’t have to wipe down everything.  Wipes are in short supply. 

100% correct on both counts. I managed to score several pints of rubbing alcohol here and there, I carry a spray bottle and cheap paper towels in my truck for hand sanitizer/wipes. I nearly always wear gloves, but also wipe off door handles, shopping carts, gas pumps, etc. Might help protect the next person. I ain't fooling with masks no more.

JHC

56 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Just made a run to the local Westlake Hardware store to get a part for my chainsaw.  The parking lot was 2/3 full and lots of customers for mid-week, mid-morning.  I the conversation getting my pert,  the chainsaw repair guy said they had the biggest sales day ever on Saturday.  None of the employees had mask or gloves. I only seen one old gentleman with a mask. I didn't see anyone else wearing one.

My dentist is next door and I went to set up an appointment to get my chipped tooth looked at.  I could see his Suburban parked behind the office.   Sign on door said if you're sick, coughing,  don't come in.  I went in to find another fence that said "stop here".  Receptionist came out with mask wanting to take my temperature.  I explained all I wanted was to make an appointment. It wasn't an emergency. She said I could phone in and make one.  I asked how long this crap is going to go on. She says until the end of year at least.

What a difference 100' makes. 

I finally got an appointment to have my teeth cleaned in a couple weeks. It's madness, can't get your teeth cleaned but you can get an abortion anytime you want.

JHC

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I was wearing gloves but realized there’s really not much point..
A. The virus doesn’t enter through the hands

B. If you touch your face with gloves on you’ve made them superfluous.
When I’m out I carry hand sanitizer and clean my hands frequently. When I get home I wipe everything I down that I’ve brought in with a disinfectant pad. 
I saw a lady come out of the store, open her car for with gloves on, put her bags in, start the car and drive off. If her gloves were contaminated her dorm handles, steering wheel, and car keys got contaminated too. Now, whether or not that’s a serious spread threat remains to be seen. But better safe than sorry.

Point A is partially open to debate. My doctor buddy says it's spread primarily thru surface contact, and is little if any airborne. Use gloves correctly if you have enough, invert them and toss 'em as you leave the store, etc. I think they would provide at least some protection. Keep the bug off your hands you're less likely to contaminate your face.

JHC

5 hours ago, Trooper Ozzy said:

If you run out of sanitizer, this works well.  External use kills virus on contact (95%).  Internal use you don't much care about external.

download (1).jpg

I would drink molten lead before I drink Everclear again! I have never been so sick and wanting to just die in my whole life. 

10 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

I would drink molten lead before I drink Everclear again! I have never been so sick and wanting to just die in my whole life. 

Must obviously be a troll that lives under the bridge. Those of us from the state of Superior are hardier stock. It acts as an ice reducer in our blood when we run out of the sauna into the creek. 

N95 masks will have a 95% chance of stopping the China virus. 

Cloth masks (particularly the home made ones) have a single digit chance of stopping the China virus.

9 hours ago, Trooper Ozzy said:

Must obviously be a troll that lives under the bridge. Those of us from the state of Superior are hardier stock. It acts as an ice reducer in our blood when we run out of the sauna into the creek. 

There may have been some poor judgement involved.......

Archived