As regards opening things up

I have seen the evidence.

I have examined the data.

I have listened to the pros.

I have listened to the cons.

I have read the research.

I have heard the speculation.

I have seen the experts testify.

I have watched doctors, politicians, researchers, businessmen, hucksters, academics, loonies, the misguided and the guided, on TV, Facebook, Twitter, etc, etc, etc.

And lo, I have at last come to the conclusion that I have no clue as to what will happen or not happen in the coming months.

I had a fine thick steak with mushrooms, baked potato and sautéed baby carrots with a brown sugar balsamic glaze for dinner. I will now watch Raiders of the Lost Ark and have some fortified coffee. 

So there.

I bid you all a good evening. 

43 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

And lo, I have at last come to the conclusion that I have no clue as to what will happen or not happen in the coming months.

That puts you in the company of most of the politicians, press talking heads, and three-quarters of the "experts" who create the models.

I had a fine thick steak with mushrooms, baked potato and sautéed baby carrots with a brown sugar balsamic glaze for dinner. I will now watch Raiders of the Lost Ark and have some fortified coffee. 

Sounds like a fine meal and a relaxing evening.  
Enjoy, sir, you have earned it and more.

I just lost my brother-in-law to Covid-19 and I'm currently isolated because I ministered to him the day before he died.

The progress of this disease in us older people is VERY rapid if my BIL's progression from good health to coma and death is any indication.

I intend to err on the side of caution.

OH! BoB.  You always speak the truth!!

14 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Enjoy.  I'll drink to that.

ATTABOY BOB!!!

There's so much fact, fiction, speculation, out-and-out lies, and political crap out there that the only person I trust is me....and I don't know a thing about what's actually happening.  One good thing is I don't have as much influence as some "experts", but I cost a lot less.

57 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

ATTABOY BOB!!!

There's so much fact, fiction, speculation, out-and-out lies, and political crap out there that the only person I trust is me....and I don't know a thing about what's actually happening.  One good thing is I don't have as much influence as some "experts", but I cost a lot less.

I'm with you!

17 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I just lost my brother-in-law to Covid-19 and I'm currently isolated because I ministered to him the day before he died.

The progress of this disease in us older people is VERY rapid if my BIL's progression from good health to coma and death is any indication.

I’m not ready to go out there, with mine and my wife’s health problems it just isn’t safe enough yet 

20 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I have seen the evidence.

I have examined the data.

I have listened to the pros.

I have listened to the cons.

I have read the research.

I have heard the speculation.

I have seen the experts testify.

I have watched doctors, politicians, researchers, businessmen, hucksters, academics, loonies, the misguided and the guided, on TV, Facebook, Twitter, etc, etc, etc.

I had a fine thick steak with mushrooms, baked potato and sautéed baby carrots with a brown sugar balsamic glaze for dinner. I will now watch Raiders of the Lost Ark and have some fortified coffee. 

So there.

I bid you all a good evening. 

Bob, I'm with you.  I have no idea how this is going to play out.

But, I believe we will come out of this a better and stronger America.

Wife and I watched, "The Long Riders."  I had a glass of red wine; the wife a Gray Goose vodka and Sprite.

^_^

My trap group is getting together Tuesday at the newly-opened up range.
I am wondering... will it be empty, or will it be slammed...

Just have to go with the flow. one day at a time. today, I mowed two lawns, one at a home the park has taken over, the other my own. I also had to have my mask( bandanna) around my neck in case I had to interact with a resident. Used it three times, I think.:blink::blush:

2 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Another COVID-19 death..   Dollar General guard shot dead for enforcing mask order.

https://apnews.com/9e9eadf6757e8ad1551030dacf6b3e29?fbclid=IwAR0UGoKH8JkAugp834XELDpughCFZzfD-E9cgsb06AjvDDQuPSmEzyWibX4

Just a matter of time.  Lots of people are ticked off (me, for instance) and someone is going to push someone else just one step beyond reason.

21 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

My condolences.

21 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

The voice of experience.   

My condolences to your loss in the family.

24 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

My conclusion, as if it mattered, is there are no EXPERTS. 

Expert

Has Been Under Pressure

My governor opened things up except for the vulnerable based on age above 65 or health like heart, lungs , obesity and diabetes.   I am diabetic but went to  an in person church meeting with 50 distanced people .  I figure it is indeed a bad virus but I intend to live and if I die doing it,  so be it.  

This same government told us before we went to Iraq to expect over 50% casualties but I willingly went anyway.   Why would I do differently now?  I didn't go because they made me, I went because I wanted to 

I’m the Fool Of The Day.  I went to the DMV to renew a license plate.  Both locations I visited were slammed.  

My conclusion is that a trip to the DMV is not more pleasant during the pandemic.

Archived