SASS Wire Forum

Homeless people

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I've been told I'm borderline compulsive hand washer.  Even as a child, I didn't like having dirty hands.  I'm not adverse to getting my hands dirty, but I've always wanted to immediately wash my hands after finishing a task.  Especially after cleaning and dressing game animals.  Then I want a shower!  When the gov't recommended washing hands often, I overheard my wife talking on the phone with one of her friends, "My husband won't have a problem with that."

I also have a niece and a nephew that are borderline germophobics.  It must runs in the family.

I guess that's better than being an unrepentant stinker.

^_^

And just what is wrong with stink, Sir?

15 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Is it the top half that has the one third experts? 

No sir. That’s the half that asks the questions for the experts to try and fabricate an answer

1 hour ago, doc roy l. pain said:

No sir. That’s the half that asks the questions for the experts to try and fabricate an answer

Then I know of no experts here.  Certainly not me!

On 5/4/2020 at 11:08 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

On a serious aside, I've said for years that today's society has become so germophobic with all of their hand sanitizers and constant sterilizing that we have become far less resistant to what may have at one time been viruses and bacterial infections that were no worse and probably much milder than a common cold!!  We keep kids inside and scrub 'em four or five times a day where we used to just brush 'em off and send 'em back out into the yard!!  There's a hypo-allergenic something or other for nearly everything!!  We spray disinfectants on everything and use chemicals that "sanitize" every time we touch anything!!

I'm not saying that personal hygiene and cleanliness are wrong or stupid, but I often think that many of us have taken this to a ridiculous extreme!!  We don't produce antibodies to many of these things because we've prevented ourselves from encountering lesser strains and in killing off those lesser strains we've produced more virulent examples through natures own "survival of the fittest" tendencies!!

In my own belief, exposure to minor things help develop immunities.  I know of a woman who visited USA, 6 months to visit her daughter, no green card she could not work. It is common for such people to find undocumented work, care taker, day laborer, strip club, etc.  she worked for a Russian couple who were medical professionals, taking care of their baby boy for five months.  Her instructions were to wash him frequently, and if for any reason she came into contact with his pp she must wash him again.

my gawd let him be exposed to normalcy.

41 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

In my own belief, exposure to minor things help develop immunities.  I know of a woman who visited USA, 6 months to visit her daughter, no green card she could not work. It is common for such people to find undocumented work, care taker, day laborer, strip club, etc.  she worked for a Russian couple who were medical professionals, taking care of their baby boy for five months.  Her instructions were to wash him frequently, and if for any reason she came into contact with his pp she must wash him again.

my gawd let him be exposed to normalcy.

My late racing partner was a man of slight build, but as an adult he was a hearty, healthy man. 

He would tell about when he was a toddler, how his mother, a nurse, took him to the doctor because he was so puny!! She couldn’t understand why, since she kept such a clean house and was diligent about his cleanliness, he was sick all the time!!

The doctor examined little Billy and told Mrs. Hobbs, “You gotta put that boy on the ground once in a while and let him eat a little dirt! Otherwise, he gonna die!!!”

Billy would tell that story in the presence of his mom and laugh like crazy!!

We always took our kids to the track from the time they were in diapers!  They knew their way around and knew their boundaries by the time they were five years old and they were tough, healthy, competent boys who were respected and accepted all over the pits, everywhere we went!

“Eatin’ a little dirt” SHOULD be a part of every child’s upbringing!! They shouldn’t be really nasty, but my dad always said, “Ya gotta eat a peck of dirt ‘fore ya die!!” ;) B)

George Carlin has a routine on YouTube. It's quite vulgar, as is most of his stuff, so I won't post it, but you can easily find it.

It's about growing up as a kid in New York City and swimming in the Hudson River, "in raw sewage", and that's why he never gets sick. Because his immune system is so strong from swimming in raw sewage.

Makes sense.

Archived