SASS Wire Forum

Homeless people

Question to all you infectious diseases experts. If the covid-19 virus is so deadly, why aren’t we finding tens of thousands of homeless people dead in tents or under cardboard shelters?

Hmmmm...........good question for the so called experts!:o

We have. Check for Soylent Green at your grocery store! :wacko:

Because our Democratic Government is taking care of them like they do our Veterans :wacko:

2 hours ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Question to all you infectious diseases experts. If the covid-19 virus is so deadly, why aren’t we finding tens of thousands of homeless people dead in tents or under cardboard shelters?

I’d also ask why hasn’t there been a Walmart, Costco, Kroger , etc chain store in the country be shut down because of a outbreak ? It’s gotta be about the worst place to be  

Because...    

they expose themselves to so much waste, pestilence, disease, and heroin,  that Covid-19 is a joke and the virus struggles to find a welcoming host in a population already riddled with narcotics and disease.

The urban outdoorsmen simply may have a more resilient immune system than us. That, or they’re too drunk, too stoned or too geeked up to care.....

I suspect that any homeless person’s cadaver will be disposed of without sacrificing one of those “precious” coronavirus tests.  I mean, who but Dr. Fauci would care?  Maybe not even him.

:(

10 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Because...    

they expose themselves to so much waste, pestilence, disease, and heroin,  that Covid-19 is a joke and the virus struggles to find a welcoming host in a population already riddled with narcotics and disease.

The urban outdoorsmen simply may have a more resilient immune system than us. That, or they’re too drunk, too stoned or too geeked up to care.....

Maybe that’s how we can get past this. We throw all the seniors out of their nursing homes, give them a Walmart shopping cart and a old army blanket and drop them off to live at underpasses around the country. Problem solved. They might live forever!

10 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I suspect that any homeless person’s cadaver will be disposed of without sacrificing one of those “precious” coronavirus tests.  I mean, who but Dr. Fauci would care?  Maybe not even him.

:(

Well,  I suspect a dead homeless would be for sure counted as a COVID-19 death regardless as it's worth $39,000 plus probably adds to more substitutes.  Then they will surely vote for the Democratic candidate in the next 10 election cycles. 

Most are walking alcohol swabs.

11 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I’d also ask why hasn’t there been a Walmart, Costco, Kroger , etc chain store in the country be shut down because of a outbreak ? It’s gotta be about the worst place to be  

Because they sell medicine and food, they have been deemed essential businesses and allowed to remain open like groceries and drugstores.

1 minute ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Because they sell medicine and food, they have been deemed essential businesses and allowed to remain open like groceries and drugstores.

Kinda funny disease hasn’t been spread at these big high volume business, but we need to close down all the small ones 

11 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

actually there have been a few.  Just this week they shut down a grocery store in Breckinridge for an outbreak.  Probably more of the media controlling the narrative. 

imho we are all going to get this, so it’s simply a exercise in controlling the rate of spread.  These next few weeks should be interesting as I see people being quite lax.  If it’s a problem we should see a spike of cases in a week or two. 

7 minutes ago, Still hand Bill said:

actually there have been a few.  Just this week they shut down a grocery store in Breckinridge for an outbreak.  Probably more of the media controlling the narrative. 

imho we are all going to get this, so it’s simply a exercise in controlling the rate of spread.  These next few weeks should be interesting as I see people being quite lax.  If it’s a problem we should see a spike of cases in a week or two. 

What they don’t seem to be telling everyone is the “flattening the curve” is just about not overwhelming the hospitals . 
I also think we’re all going to get it sooner or later , just like any other flu virus

14 hours ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Ummm....have you not been paying attention?  At its height (which seems to have passed), New York City morgues were overfull and the number of dead homeless people began clogging alleyways.  This was reported on every major news outlet.

Please, Cyrus don't confuse the issue with facts.

39 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Ummm....have you not been paying attention?  At its height (which seems to have passed), New York City morgues were overfull and the number of dead homeless people began clogging alleyways.  This was reported on every major news outlet.

I think the question was more why have we not seen this in skid row in LA or in Seattle or San Francisco with their large homeless populations.  I don’t think anyone will argue that it wasn’t a problem in New York City.  

6 minutes ago, Still hand Bill said:

I think the question was more why have we not seen this in skid row in LA or in Seattle or San Francisco with their large homeless populations.  I don’t think anyone will argue that it wasn’t a problem in New York City.  

Exactly. How can it be that NYC is the only city that has homeless deaths. Our governor went through each death for the first month of the sheltering in place and told the age and residency of each one. Not s single homeless person was mentioned

7 minutes ago, Still hand Bill said:

I know here in Mi the Detroit area has ranked right up there as a pretty bad area and I haven’t seen any news outlets running any stories about large numbers of homeless deaths or shutting down a Costco or Walmart. And reported symptoms seem to vary allot, don’t know if it just effects people differently or there’s actually more than one strain 

1 hour ago, Still hand Bill said:

And thousands more are still open, although really inconvenient because no two places operate under the same rules and edicts.

On a serious aside, I've said for years that today's society has become so germophobic with all of their hand sanitizers and constant sterilizing that we have become far less resistant to what may have at one time been viruses and bacterial infections that were no worse and probably much milder than a common cold!!  We keep kids inside and scrub 'em four or five times a day where we used to just brush 'em off and send 'em back out into the yard!!  There's a hypo-allergenic something or other for nearly everything!!  We spray disinfectants on everything and use chemicals that "sanitize" every time we touch anything!!

I'm not saying that personal hygiene and cleanliness are wrong or stupid, but I often think that many of us have taken this to a ridiculous extreme!!  We don't produce antibodies to many of these things because we've prevented ourselves from encountering lesser strains and in killing off those lesser strains we've produced more virulent examples through natures own "survival of the fittest" tendencies!!

3 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

Like Trump said...heat and humidity......

4 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

I will  ever believe that the lack of reportage means that it never happened. Homeless usually don’t get obits.

I've been told I'm borderline compulsive hand washer.  Even as a child, I didn't like having dirty hands.  I'm not adverse to getting my hands dirty, but I've always wanted to immediately wash my hands after finishing a task.  Especially after cleaning and dressing game animals.  Then I want a shower!  When the gov't recommended washing hands often, I overheard my wife talking on the phone with one of her friends, "My husband won't have a problem with that."

I also have a niece and a nephew that are borderline germophobics.  It must runs in the family.

I guess that's better than being an unrepentant stinker.

^_^

19 hours ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Who here is an infectious disease expert?

4 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

The homeless in LA/Seattle/San Fran typically sleep out in the open.

4 hours ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Exactly. How can it be that NYC is the only city that has homeless deaths. Our governor went through each death for the first month of the sheltering in place and told the age and residency of each one. Not s single homeless person was mentioned

In NYC quite a few of the homeless sleep in the subways. 

Studies are showing subways were a major vector for Covid in NYC. 

I've said a number of times,  the best defense is to get out in sunshine and fresh air.  This virus is like Dracula,  it doesn't live long in sunlight. 

Check out who's drying from this virus,  the highest numbers are coming from people caged up in nursing homes.  Street people are out in the sunshine and somewhat fresher air.  

The YouTube video of the doctors telling people to take off their mask and gloves and get outside was taken down. 

22 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Who here is an infectious disease expert?

Well, if I just use the Saloon wire to pick from about a third of the people that post seem to think they are

6 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I quit paying attention when the media kept droning on and on about all of this. Its the same news every day. Even without Covid 19, its the same news everyday;  Hype something, anything, ride that pony all day long. Get up the next day, if that pony don't run, find another.............

Of course its been like this for several years,  but all that's on main stream media now are defenders, detractors and and sensationalists.

Mortality was severely overestimated early on. Older folks who also have at least one risk factor such as diabetes, lung issues, etc. have a higher mortality rate than any other group. Nursing homes containing high risk residents were sitting ducks. Shutting the country down in view of these factors seems overdone at this point, but with a deadly new virus, no one knew initially.

Archived