SASS Wire Forum

Hey, Hardpan!

Subdeacon Joe

Eagle Scouts pose for a portrait in front of the Petaluma Railroad Depot, circa 1930. (SONOMA COUNTY LIBRARY)

Eagle Scouts pose for a portrait in front of the Petaluma Railroad Depot, circa 1930. (SONOMA COUNTY LIBRARY)

Clyde L. "Bud" McCord (with dog) and other boy scouts on a camping trip in the 1930s. (SONOMA COUNTY LIBRARY)

Clyde L. "Bud" McCord (with dog) and other boy scouts on a camping trip in the 1930s. (SONOMA COUNTY LIBRARY)

from: https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/10929117-181/sonoma-county-in-1930-?artslide=0 

VERY cool, Joe ~ Thankee!!    ^_^

I will admit that they looked much sharper back then.  

Sassparilla Kid on the far right, ten years ago at his Eagle Court of Honor.  Wished I'd had a peashooter to ding the kid with his hand in his pocket.  d'oh

1209509557_RyEagle1.jpg.98dfdf313a0d4450abe7dd572df2f2bd.jpg         903843714_RyEagle8.jpg.8158baeeeeb8d421585dbdabc43df68d.jpg

12 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

VERY cool, Joe ~ Thankee!! 

My pleasure.  I saw those and first thing I thought was , "Dang!  I bet Hardpan would enjoy seeing those!"
Know where you are going by knowing where you have been, and that sort of thing.

Well... Part of the program that night had each scout tell about a memorable event in his Scouting "career."

When Sassparilla got to the podium, he spoke for a moment, then said "Honestly - about the most impressive memory of mine was the time Ma went along to Camp Chawanakee - she's an experienced ER nurse, and she was right there when Ethan sank his hatchet into his knee!  We got a good demonstration of first aid...!"

The next three young men all pretty much said the same thing:  "Wow!  I was right there when Ethan hatchet'ed his knee!"  "Ohhh... it was horrible!  I watched while Ethan..."  "I got to help Sassparilla's mom patch up Ethan and ship him off to the hospital!" and so on.

Last kid walks to the podium.  "Hi!  My name's Ethan... and MY most memorable experience was...."     :rolleyes:

So that's Ethan on the far left.  ^_^

Archived