SASS Wire Forum

Walter PPK problem

Irish Pat

My safety on my PPK/S made by Smith and Wesson will not engage.  I have watched three or four You tubes but none address this problem.  Has anyone on the wire had this happen? Irish ☘️ Pat

I have two stainless models and have never had a problem with the safeties other than when new the safeties were stiff as hell.

Is this a new gun and has it  always done this or did this happen after disassembly?

It just happened today at the range. I am sending it to the factory repair place in Fort Smith AR Monday.  It’s set on fire and won’t rotate back to safe.  I can see the firing pin sticking through the hammer block safety 

Never had that happen, and I've taken them apart many a time.  Is the safety fully pushed into the slide? 

You can remove it and inspect by using a small flat bladed screw driver to hold the Firing pin forward whilst removing

the safety, but watch for the spring loaded pin that holds it on or off.  There are Youtube videos that show - it's really easy to do.

SC

The safety holds the firing pin in and has to go way way forward to get the safety out. About an inch. Without seeing the thing, my best guess is the firing pin went a little too far forward for some reason and is hung up on the safety which may or may not be out of place. Probably not because when its properly assembled, the safety shouldn't have enough side play to work out past the slot.

Guns are like computers if in doubt reboot. Tear it down lube and reassemble before sending it for service 

Archived