SASS Wire Forum

1860 Henry

I have 4 of them, Factory Carbine modified to 45 Cowboy Specials, 2 Gunsmith-made transitionals (19" & 24") in 44-40, and a steel-framed in 44-40.

Best rifles ever for me! 

--Dawg

PrairieDawg2.jpg

The reason I stopped shooting mine has to do with the muzzle-heavy balance, and my poor, achin' lower back.  I still have mine, in .44-40.  It was a Navy Arms import, made by Uberti.  I can shoot my 20" barreled Rossi's practically one-handed, so it is a lot easier on the ol' spine.  Nothing wrong with the M1860 other than that.

Well the reason I was asking is I stoped shooting one and went with the 73 . I have a  ceramic stick that I won to  illuminate the Henry hop and I’m going to give it two soneone that needs it . It well made I just don’t like to see something set and not being used . Tell me who wants it and I will take your name and draw to see who gets it and send it to you 

4CF655B9-AF8F-4368-92A8-904EDE0ED703.jpeg

Pretty cool.  I only have 4 Henrys.  16 inch trapper, 18 inch carbine, 19 inch custom carbine and a 24 inch.  The 24 is soon to be 19.  I originally came up with the "Stick" and I make all of my own.

Very generous of you!

Very useful tool for the Henry.
I make mine out of oak dowels, stained dark & rubbed with bore butter till they're smooth as a baby's behind!

--Dawg

:FlagAm: I recently purchased from another member a HRAC Henry in 44WCF.  Going to break it in soon, so if you could, please put my name in the hat as well.

Thank ya Kindly,

Chas B. Wolfson:)

6 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Still?  Did someone stop?

Wow Loophole. That must be an old photo. Saguaro Jack is timing you and I don't remember the last time I saw him at a match. Is that at Country Pond?

By the way, yes, I shoot an Uberti 1860 Henry.

pmrtiBAFj

Don't need the stick, thanks, I make my own.

poqXpg3uj

I'll be shooting one of my 1860 Henrys tomorrow.

Which one?

The color case 44-40.

Such a sweeeeeeeeet rifle!

I saw a picture a long time back, don’t know where, shooter had a Braided leather piece about 6” long, ended in a braided Lether ball about the size of a golf ball. Attached to the sling point on muzzle. Shooter held it with left hand,, pulling and bracing rifle into shoulder. Avoided the Henry hop, and if shooting BP, kept fingers off hot barrel. As it’s not really a sling, I wonder if SASS legal. 

11 hours ago, Driftwood Johnson, SASS #38283 said:

Wow Loophole. That must be an old photo. Saguaro Jack is timing you and I don't remember the last time I saw him at a match. Is that at Country Pond?

By the way, yes, I shoot an Uberti 1860 Henry.

pmrtiBAFj

Don't need the stick, thanks, I make my own.

poqXpg3uj

Driftwood:

Yup...Country Pond - my first or second match.  

There was another fellow there with a smokin' Henry.....

LL

Driftwood's Henry at BlackPowderCountryPond.jpg

Archived