SASS Wire Forum

Yoga pants

Bein from a rural farming community, I’ve seen them only now and then. Wranglers are the standard.

I had no idea how prolific they were till we moved in here. I haven’t seen any young ladies wearing anything but yoga pants and occasionally shorts on a hot day since we arrived.
If I sold nothing but yoga pants and face masks I could survive this economic slump with ease.

Oh, thank GOD for your description!

When I saw the title I though you wuz gonna post a picture of yourself wearing a set of yoga pants~!  :huh:  :rolleyes:  :lol:

There are good things about living in Southern California... and definitely some bad things...  but the weather and other factors do tend to guarantee a lot of yoga pants being worn by those who should be wearing them!  :D

And for the others wearing them, I am still looking for the proper brand of eye bleach...

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Bein from a rural farming community, I’ve seen them only now and then. Wranglers are the standard.

I had no idea how prolific they were till we moved in here. I haven’t seen any young ladies wearing anything but yoga pants and occasionally shorts on a hot day since we arrived.
If I sold nothing but yoga pants and face masks I could survive this economic slump with ease.

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about.  Take some pictures for us. 

7 minutes ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

You can look at them here:

I prefer live action....uhhhhhh.....never mind :rolleyes:

I ponder the thought if they( the ladies) would like it if us gents wore them around! Maybe they would think twice as to who should wear them!? Maybe I will just get the old bicycling tights out! Hardpan curmudgeon you needs pics!

3 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about.  Take some pictures for us. 

I am the oldest guy here by decades. Any photographing I did would probably result in a burning at the stake.

Spandex is a privilege, NOT a right.

1 hour ago, jasper stone said:

I ponder the thought if they( the ladies) would like it if us gents wore them around! Maybe they would think twice as to who should wear them!? Maybe I will just get the old bicycling tights out! Hardpan curmudgeon you needs pics!

Not likely.

Plus, they'd have to bring back the codpiece!  :ph34r:

I like them......coming straight at me and moving quickly!!

CB

You know that the Quarantine has gone on too long when two of the top topics at the SASS Wire Saloon are Yoga pants and Hooters. :D

Well at least it hasn't yet spawned a people of walmart thread, there's not enough eye bleach in the world for that.

10 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

They are a lot like thong bikinis. Sometimes they look great, sometimes they don't.

JHC (heading back to my fox hole)

And like thong bikinis there ought to be a law that they can't be made in XL or bigger.

I would like to request equal time.  If you gents are going to harangue ladies for wearing what you feel is inappropriate for some, how about putting yourselves on the line.  I think large guys in skinny jeans is not appealing.  Large guys in cycling shorts is, in some cases gross.  Large guys in shirts that are not long enough to cover their stomach is really poor taste.  Come on, let's hear it.  :huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I wear yoga pants and I'm not a small person.  HOWEVER, they never leave my property.  I wear them working in the house or yard.  They are comfortable and move easily when stretching.

16 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

I would like to request equal time.  If you gents are going to harangue ladies for wearing what you feel is inappropriate for some, how about putting yourselves on the line.  I think large guys in skinny jeans is not appealing.  Large guys in cycling shorts is, in some cases gross.  Large guys in shirts that are not long enough to cover their stomach is really poor taste.  Come on, let's hear it.  :huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I wear yoga pants and I'm not a small person.  HOWEVER, they never leave my property.  I wear them working in the house or yard.  They are comfortable and move easily when stretching.

On the first point, I totally agree. I'm an old fat guy; I wear Wranglers and at LEAST a t-shirt that is tucked in, usually a button up shirt. During hot weather a polo type shirt. I also wear boots, I don't even own a set of flip flops. 

As for yoga pants, sometimes it's not so much the size, but the proportion.

This is similar to concealed carry, some items print more than others and fabric/size does matter. In most cases, it is objectionable, at least to some. :o

2 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

If all is as it should be I prefer the rear view.

JHC ;)

Depends on the equipment, I suppose.

CB

3 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

Let the record reflect I merely commented on the, surprising to me, popularity of the attire, without judgement.

And I got my wife a pair because she has lost so much weight her other stuff no longer fits.

Girls, regardless of their size, like them, and I’m not complaining.

CB

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Let the record reflect I merely commented on the, surprising to me, popularity of the attire, without judgement.

And I got my wife a pair because she has lost so much weight her other stuff no longer fits.

I'm not assailing you at all, UB.  I'm only saying if we're going to discuss personal apparel choices of ladies, we need to consider the men as well. 

Hope Carol is feeling better.  Her weight should come back when this is over.

4 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

Touché! :D

1 minute ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Touché! :D

Re: Yoga pants. You may look but not touché 

Archived