SASS Wire Forum

Hornady .45 Auto Dies New SPF

I have a set of Hornady Custom Grade .45 auto /AR/Win. Cowboy Special dies. Series II Titanium Nitride .......NEVER USED

$50.00 shipped

IMG_2067.JPG

IMG_2068.JPG

Just a plug for good buddy Rye. This is what I use for loading Cowboy 45 Specials. Works great with good crimp.

6 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Just a plug for good buddy Rye. This is what I use for loading Cowboy 45 Specials. Works great with good crimp.

Thanks pard. Is that price okay?? I can't remember where or how much I paid.

Sent PM

Rye:

Here's what Adirondack Jack, the designer of the Cowboy Special had to say about these Hornady #546554  Dies:

While any ACP/Autorim dies will work, along with a .45 Colt shell plate, the very best results to date have been achieved using Hornady New Dimension .45 caliber dies no. 546554. Note Hornady uses the same dies for .45 Colt, ACP, Autorim, and win mag. They produce a proper roll crimp, and use a sliding bullet guide that aids in seating even very short bullets straight. The sizing die is also a bit larger than typical ACP dies, which provides proper bullet tension for .452-4 cast bullets, and requires less effort to size and expand. This makes the press run smoother, and works brass less as well.

I use 'em for 45CS reloads as well.

--Dawg 

Archived