SASS Wire Forum

Uberti Retractable Firing pin Safety

Stony Lane

Sadly I wish I’d done more research b4 buying... its pretty easy to pull up countless issues people are having with the new pin system. 

I bought the Uberti “DOC” cattleman and it had major issues after just a few boxes of ammo.  Maybe 2 of 5 rounds would go bang.

Sent to BoomStick to fix the safety hammer and just got it back. Now the first round won’t fire ..every time,.. next 4 work perfect. Any guesses or suggestions on what could be off ???

5 minutes ago, Block said:

Sadly I wish I’d done more research b4 buying... its pretty easy to pull up countless issues people are having with the new pin system. 

I bought the Uberti “DOC” cattleman and it had major issues after just a few boxes of ammo.  Maybe 2 of 5 rounds would go bang.

Sent to BoomStick to fix the safety hammer and just got it back. Now the first round won’t fire ..every time,.. next 4 work perfect. Any guesses or suggestions on what could be off ???

Will it fire the next time around? You positive it's down on the empty chamber and not on the last live round? 

Call Jay ASAP.

2 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Will it fire the next time around? You positive it's down on the empty chamber and not on the last live round? 

Call Jay ASAP.

Yeah  I can see the round perfectly under the hammer...I’m new but not completely stupid haha.. Yeah he’s lookin into it..  I’m prolly guna have to ship it back to him.  Guns actin up big time.,, hammer won’t even go down now... 

4 hours ago, Block said:

Yeah  I can see the round perfectly under the hammer...I’m new but not completely stupid haha.. Yeah he’s lookin into it..  I’m prolly guna have to ship it back to him.  Guns actin up big time.,, hammer won’t even go down now... 

I certainly did not mean to insinuate you were. I've done similar myself. That's part of the reason for loading table officers(sometimes the person next to you) at a match.

If you keep going around does the unfired round fire the second time it's struck? 

Hope you get it resolved soon.

4 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I certainly did not mean to insinuate you were. I've done similar myself. That's part of the reason for loading table officers(sometimes the person next to you) at a match.

If you keep going around does the unfired round fire the second time it's struck? 

Hope you get it resolved soon.

Yes it will fire the next time around. I went thru a box with 2 guns yesterday,, so 25 rounds each. And each of the 5 times, the DOC did not fire on the first round. It would finish that round at the end no problem. 

Was trying to see if I could visually see a difference last night, just pulling the hammer back and gently letting it down and now the hammer is completely stuck up and I can’t even get it down. I’m at a loss here. Something’s off, bent, or out of place.

The gun is stuck at 1 click and will not go to 2 or 3... it goes somewhere between and feels like something is blocking it from going into 3 and won’t let the hammer down or the trigger pull. 

D9905AAF-9051-4133-AE9A-BB399B1547B4.png

When I do Cowboy reenacting I like the idea that I can load all six cylinders safely.  That way I get to shoot more and make lots of black powder smoke with my blanks and I have never had a problem with my Uberti’s not going off every time I cock and pull the trigger.

On 5/7/2020 at 9:59 AM, Nickel City Dude said:

When I do Cowboy reenacting I like the idea that I can load all six cylinders safely.  That way I get to shoot more and make lots of black powder smoke with my blanks and I have never had a problem with my Uberti’s not going off every time I cock and pull the trigger.

Glad your gun is working right. From doing a little research it seems ALOT of people’s 3 click Uberti have major issues. I’d never buy one again. Sent mine back to BoomStick hoping he can do a hammer/trigger swap and get her working right. 

Archived