SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Clark

0911-0913 2020 New Mexico State Championship Geronimo Trail Cancelled

Posted (edited)

The Gila Rangers are proud to be hosting the 2020 New Mexico State Championship! This years match will be held starting on 9-11-20 through 9-13-20 at Fowler City along the Mimbres River valley adjacent to the Gila NF. We will have side matches starting on Friday, with main match on Saturday and Sunday. There is free camping in the woods, and plenty of food, and giveaways for everyone to participate in. It’s a great match in a fantastic venue so don’t miss out! Applications are on our newly redesigned website along with the schedule of events. Got questions, feel free to contact the match director..... Captain Clark!:)

Edited by Captain Clark
Cancellation

Besides the free camping in the woods with water available for RVs when you arrive, there is a full service campground a few miles south in Mimbres, cabins and bed and breakfasts.  The lodging situation in the Mimbres Valley is pretty good.

• Thanks 1

It’s with great regret that I have to post this update regarding the 2020 Geronimo Trail New Mexico State championship match. The Gila Rangers we’re proud to be hosting the state shoot for 2020, but unfortunately we have had to realize that the COVID  shutdown pandemic has derailed our planning and attendance for the match. The Gila Rangers officers have made the hard decision to cancel this years Geronimo Trail. For myself as this years match director I feel a great sadness for my club and it’s membership. I cannot begin to describe the immense effort the club members have put into the planning for GT. They are the hard working behind the scenes people that should be commended for their effort! I am proud they are my  friends. To our friends near and far we want to say thanks for the support you have shown us! The Gila Rangers will continue on through these strange shutdowns and restrictions with determination! Here is hoping that everybody is well this 4th of July weekend. :FlagAm:

CC 89893