SASS Wire Forum

Who is the soldier?

Alpo

Now have fun with thisn. :)

96B1F3B3-A5FF-4639-97FA-8932F4171BC4.jpeg

Yes it is.

There is a few of them there that have stumped me.

Up on the second floor, the couple standing between Miss Kitty and James West. Then the man standing between Ward Bond and Glenn Ford. Don't recognize the lady on the stairs next to Shane.

Downstairs on the far left, don't know that guy in the striped shirt. Then the other side of Dances With Wolves is, maybe, a man called Horse, then next to him between him and Billy Jack is Big Jock Ewing. Maybe. Don't recognize that guy between Billy Jack and Ellie Mae. Or that guy between Sam McCloud and Festus. That guy next to Dub Taylor might be Slim Pickins. Don't know who that is behind Grizzly Adams just above Daisy Duke's head. Or that guy playing piano next to Paladin. Can't figure out who that is sitting next to Billy Crystal. That Mexican looking guy just in front of Jimmy Stewart might be the man that got all excited about Mongo coming to town. Or maybe Manolito Montoya. That man in front of Coop, next to the Waco Kid might be Ben Johnson. The woman behind Duke might be Maureen O'Hara, but I can't place what western character she is from the way she's dressed. The man behind Bret Maverick could be Billy the Kid from Young Guns. I suppose the man across the table from Brett is supposed to be Fess Parker - whether he's Davy Crockett or Dan'l Boone is irrelevant.

I suppose Lassie is there because he played Dog in Big Jake.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

The man behind Bret Maverick could be Billy the Kid from Young Guns.

Directly behind him looks like John Travolta, the Urban Cowboy.  Do ya mean off to the right?  I can't tell either, but it looks like he has a badge and it doesn't look like emelio estevez to me. 

Did you notice there are no doubles of the actors? Ma Ingles, from Little House, is standing behind Butch Cassidy. But Pa Ingles ain't there. Because Little Joe Cartwright is. Daisy, Bo and Luke are there, but not Uncle Jesse. He's sitting next to Doc Holliday. The old mountain man that taught Jeremiah Johnson.

You suppose that is supposed to be Longmire standing next to McCloud?

38 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Rex O Herlihan (played by Tom Berenger) from Rustler's Rhapsody. 

I did think about him, but I don't recall him wearing a striped shirt. And the artist has been very good about costumes.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=rustlers+Rhapsody&t=ghq&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

34 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Yeah the blond guy with the badge. Emelio wasn't Billy. Charlie was.

young-guns-pic.jpg

Well I'll be darned I guess that does look like emelio then.  But you are incorrect.  Emelio was William H Bonney accroding to IMDB (and according to my memory).  Charlie was Dick Brewer. 

28 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Did you notice there are no doubles of the actors?

No I didn't.  Isn't that paul newman sitting across from himself in the front left table?  I don't recognize everoyne like you but I thought Garner was in there twice too.  Once at the table and once up on the balcony.  I thought I saw a double of someone else too but I can't find them again.  I suspect doubles were only left off if their costumes were too similar like Fess Parker. 

25 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I did think about him, but I don't recall him wearing a striped shirt. And the artist has been very good about costumes.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=rustlers+Rhapsody&t=ghq&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

I never notice things like striped shirts but I think he changed costumes every scene and that guy definitely has Tom's curly hair and is wearing fancy duds.  Is there an old B western star who had that hair? 

Edit:  On second thought, It's probably not him from RR, because he always wore bib front shirts.  That cowboy looks like he works for a living.  But it still looks like Tom

34 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Well I'll be darned I guess that does look like emelio then.  But you are incorrect.  Emelio was William H Bonney accroding to IMDB (and according to my memory).  Charlie was Dick Brewer

Well, hell. I had the boys confused.

I guess I have always thought the bigger one was Emelio, because he's the older, so he should be bigger.

Homer, Doh.png

12 hours ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

Geez!  Some of you guys must have screens the size of a firehouse door to pick out that stuff.

Angus

I'm thinking the same thing.

I can't get the pics big enough to see without causing all kinds of distortion.

And that don't help when I already need glasses!

Sometime you can search the web for the same pic in a larger size.

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Sometime you can search the web for the same pic in a larger size.

I tried to find the first one.

If available and the price were reasonable I wouldn't mind having a print in my reloading room.

4 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

I tried to find the first one.

If available and the price were reasonable I wouldn't mind having a print in my reloading room.

Oh hell yeah......both of them.

11 hours ago, Alpo said:

Gee...$83 for a print, but only $18,000 for the original!!  Step up!

There is a feature on the website that allows you to view full resolution sections of the print; looks like a Wanted poster of Lee Van Cleef on the far left margin

LL

Archived