SASS Wire Forum

Uberti/Benelli customer service

Sixgun Sheridan

I just wanted to give a quick shout-out to Uberti, aka Benelli USA for taking care of a repair on one of my guns. I have an older Schofield that I had a range incident with and bulged the barrel, which was entirely my fault. They replaced the barrel and cylinder and just sent it back to me as good as new, within the quoted amount of time and for a fair price regarding parts and labor. I'm just glad they were able to fix it properly and not leave me with a paperweight or quote me more than the cost of a new gun. I had asked them to also look into the excessive barrel-cylinder gap, as I was constantly getting hot unburned powder spitting in my face, and they apparently decided to pick up the tab for that as I was only billed for the barrel that I ruined. Now the gun is tight and like-new, the huge cylinder gap is gone, and I'm a happy camper again. This probably isn't a big deal to some, but there are so many gun companies and importers out there who either refuse to fix guns properly or else give the owner a huge headache dealing with them, and it's good to know there are still some competent ones out there.

Archived