SASS Wire Forum

SASS entertainment ?

Talon MaCleod

I would agree. I guess the important question concerns what the club thinks. We have some privately ( one person ) owned  clubs in S.E. as I am sure Nebraska does.

Watching some of the light loaders Whine over Knock-down Targets ,,,, I find that entertaining especially when a Bearcat with standard velocity.22 RIMFIRE loads dumps them...

So ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Yes ...

Jabez Cowboy

It's a sporting event venue in NM.   State considers it's entertainment value as nil, I would guess.

Good luck, GJ

I have always thought of the match organizers (especially state and above) as entertainers.  Those I have mentioned to have agreed.  

2 hours ago, Grizzly Dave said:

If you are looking to circumvent local or state restrictions I would tread lightly....

Yep.

4 hours ago, Blue Speirman said:

I guess the important question concerns what the club thinks.

Not in a court of law or most levels of government health orders or tax returns would that (what the club thinks of itself) be an important consideration.    If you are trying to determine if you want to charge for tickets as either a sporting event or entertainment, then that might make a difference.  The number of spectators at most matches can be counted on a cabinet-makers bad hand.  Just because WE often say we are "in the entertainment business," that is a philosophical call, not a business categorization.

Good luck, GJ

Strictly a personal unlegal point of view, its recreation.  So, its my entertainment and sport... a game.

2 hours ago, Blue Speirman said:

I believe Gentlemen that you are reading to much into the subject. As it is it does not matter. I already have my answer. 

Okay, but I'm curious.  You say the responders missed the point, so, what was the point of the question?

14 hours ago, Grizzly Dave said:

If you are looking to circumvent local or state restrictions I would tread lightly....

12 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Yep.

I never learned how to tread lightly.

It's a free country, or it used to be anyways.  If I feel moved to go shoot, I will.  If I want to get my nails done (unlikely) I will.  If I want to go out to a bar and get stinking drunk, I will, assuming I can find one that is open. 

Sporting event, recreation, who cares? 

Right now we have plenty of cowboys ready to go to SASS matches and some cowboys who have their own range are already back in business. 

Other range owners are busy cowering in their basements waiting for their masters to tell them when they can come out and play.  All that BS about Molon Labe was just that, BS.  When the feces hit the fan plenty of 'tough guy' 2nd amendment supporters folded like a deck of cheap cards.  Those same people will give up their 2nd amendment rights just as quickly as they gave up their 1st.

None of these restrictions are constitutional.  I went back and looked and I don't see anything in the Bill of Rights that says, 'these rights can be suspended if the media or Dr. Fauci decide they need to be.' 

42 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I never learned how to tread lightly.

It's a free country, or it used to be anyways.  If I feel moved to go shoot, I will.  If I want to get my nails done (unlikely) I will.  If I want to go out to a bar and get stinking drunk, I will, assuming I can find one that is open. 

Sporting event, recreation, who cares? 

Right now we have plenty of cowboys ready to go to SASS matches and some cowboys who have their own range are already back in business. 

Other range owners are busy cowering in their basements waiting for their masters to tell them when they can come out and play.  All that BS about Molon Labe was just that, BS.  When the feces hit the fan plenty of 'tough guy' 2nd amendment supporters folded like a deck of cheap cards.  Those same people will give up their 2nd amendment rights just as quickly as they gave up their 1st.

None of these restrictions are constitutional.  I went back and looked and I don't see anything in the Bill of Rights that says, 'these rights can be suspended if the media or Dr. Fauci decide they need to be.' 

I believe he’s referring to public ranges. Every range that I shoot at, except one, is a public range and if we were to show up in force to shoot a cowboy match without the blessing of the range owner (city, or county) we’d be banned from the range even when it did open up. The private one is open on a limited basis but not for CAS matches at this time. I’m pretty sure we’d lose that range also if we tried to put on a match there before he gave the okay. 

25 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I believe he’s referring to public ranges. Every range that I shoot at, except one, is a public range and if we were to show up in force to shoot a cowboy match without the blessing of the range owner (city, or county) we’d be banned from the range even when it did open up. The private one is open on a limited basis but not for CAS matches at this time. I’m pretty sure we’d lose that range also if we tried to put on a match there before he gave the okay. 

I totally understand.  Most of our ranges are owned by individuals, or groups of individuals.  These people, 2nd amendment supporters probably, are staying closed, at least partially.  Plenty of businesses and individuals are simply rolling over to these 'mandates'.  That's my point, not that cowboys should be trying to force a match!  Obviously, we're guests and need to behave as such. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I totally understand.  Most of our ranges are owned by individuals, or groups of individuals.  These people, 2nd amendment supporters probably, are staying closed, at least partially.  Plenty of businesses and individuals are simply rolling over to these 'mandates'.  That's my point, not that cowboys should be trying to force a match!  Obviously, we're guests and need to behave as such. 

Our local public range is open but not for group events. The 6’ rule is strictly enforced and all membership has been informed that if they don’t abide by it the range will be closed. I shoot in my backyard all of the time but it’s not conducive to having matches.

16 hours ago, Assassin said:

Sporting events are entertainment for spectators.

While there is an element of entertainment for the participants, it is primarily a sport.  

Cap'n Bill, I can appreciate where you are coming from and generally don't disagree.

I just think in this age where the media and some government officials are encouraging people to 'tattle' on those who don't follow the 'mandates' that it might be prudent to choose your battles wisely.

Archived