SASS Wire Forum

Here we go again....

Turns out you can no longer find this anywhere, either in store or on the Internet. :o:angry:

https://www.sciencealert.com/heartburn-medicine-is-selling-out-because-an-ingredient-is-being-studied-as-a-covid-19-treatment

Amazon.com: Pepcid AC Maximum Strength with 20 mg Famotidine for ...

I do take this occasionally for heartburn, hence have some...which I will ration, just in case.  The problem we have with stuff like this is it is all anecdotal.  Just because one doctor or two administered fimatadine (Pepcid) and had a seriously ill patient recover almost miraculously, doesn't mean it really is a "cure".  To determine such things, you need multiple patients and a "control" group who gets a placebo.  Even if Pepcid proves to be a palliative, the manufacturer would have to really ramp up production, which, given the current panic buying, could take some time.  So, including staying at home as much as possible, and having a small quantity of the stuff, we'll just have to hope for the best.

Stay well, Pards!

A day or two ago I just caught part of a news report that mentioned a possible good result with a heartburn medication. I thought, Pepcid? Later I saw that Pepcid was actually what they were talking about. Just happen to have a bottle because her new doctor took her off of the stuff.  Only 1 covid case in our county, Tehama.

"You should not go to the drugstore and take a bunch of heartburn medicine," he told CNN."

I find it quite sad that they actually had to say this in the article. It amazes me more and more each day (and it shouldn't) how ignorant and idiotic the masses can be! 

Just when I think I can no longer be surprised by the stupidity and fear of people, I am surprised.

My wife suffers from heartburn and takes Pepcid or a generic. Now the supplies are low due to panic buying just like TP and hand sanitizer.

If I went on the Internet and said that I heard a Vaseline Intensive Care skin lotion showed some promise as a Covid preventative the stores would be out within a day.

There are sometimes I wish I was a hermit in a cave. :angry::angry:

Exam gloves are in short supply as well. Office tried to order some for us and was told they were on back order. Wife had to pick up some scrips today, so, I was checking on the gloves while we were there............bupkiss. Checked another drug store with the same result. I'm running low on them and only have medium size as a replacement which isn't gonna fit my paws very well:rolleyes::blink::blush:

1 hour ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Exam gloves are in short supply as well. Office tried to order some for us and was told they were on back order. Wife had to pick up some scrips today, so, I was checking on the gloves while we were there............bupkiss. Checked another drug store with the same result. I'm running low on them and only have medium size as a replacement which isn't gonna fit my paws very well:rolleyes::blink::blush:

On line is the best source. You have to check several sites.

Archived