SASS Wire Forum

How do you clean tile?

Alpo

Every place I have ever lived, prior to here, had a bathtub. And they were all porcelain on steel. I cleaned them with Comet.

My new house has a shower. It has both tile walls and a tile floor. I cleaned the soap scum from the glossy tile walls with Scrubbing Bubbles. But they had no effect on the matt tile floor.

I have not tried the Comet, because I don't know what effect it will have, and I certainly do not wish to damage the tile.

As you can see, they are stained.

IMG_20200427_191117.thumb.jpg.92abfe8ca2897e04086b3bcdb68e19b0.jpg

IMG_20200427_191049.thumb.jpg.9766bd3c42e1691ec3feeb58945552c5.jpg

Does anyone know how to remove the stain. The tile is beige, I guess. Don't wish to try bleach. Might get rid of the dark spots and leave white spots. :(

If it were mine... spray the surfaces repeatedly  with vinegar and let it It soak for a few days to loosen lime/ calcium accumulation.  Rinse thoroughly and scrub with Comet.

You DO NOT want vinegar and chlorine containing cleansers to contact each other.  Chlorine gas will be released and that is dangerous.

Sloshing a bleach solution in there periodically after you get it cleaned up will help keep it clean,  but you are still going to have to scrub it every so often.

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

You’ve lived there for how long?  And just now the tile in the shower is bothering you?  Already cleaned every other place in the house?  It’s about time to get out of the house regularly again, take the dog on longer walks.

Might be first time he has been in the shower:blink:

6 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

You’ve lived there for how long?  And just now the tile in the shower is bothering you?  

As you might can tell from the picture - the thickness of the lenses - I'm blind as a bat.

LobitayAlpo.jpg.f8324233592de2d017314201ae75415d.jpg

Took a while before the stain got so obvious that I could see it without my glasses.

Archived