SASS Wire Forum

2020 TN State Championship

Chickamauga Slim

9 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g55400-Wartrace_Tennessee-Hotels.html

We usually stay around Manchester, but several in Tullahoma too.

Thanks for the info. Think I will go ahead and make reservations. I remember reading last year about a little music festival taking a lot of rooms.

9 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

Tullahoma, Murfreesboro, Shebvul/Shelbyville and Manchester. Oh, I'm going too. I'm from that area. Loser buys at the Boar?

I take you up on the beer. Prigum

Now Wider, you know they have stuck TW with the Outlaw/Kentucky crew for the last few years. Not sure about the lairs posse but we have been know to spin a few tells as the hours get late.

15 hours ago, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

Now that you got my interest up, is there a list of hotels nearby?

Uncle Ethan,

If you haven't shot this match before you are eligible for one of the 3 remaining rebate slots! Let me know.

Chickamauga

4 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Now Wider, you know they have stuck TW with the Outlaw/Kentucky crew for the last few years. Not sure about the lairs posse but we have been know to spin a few tells as the hours get late.

Tombstone,

TN Williams has become a much more notorious liar since last year.  

But you gotta ask him to tell the story about entering his goat in a 'dog show'.   Its hilarious.

He even had named his pet goat 'Siamese'.   Yep, just like the cats.

He sent in the applications plus appropriate fees and entered 'Siamese', his pet goat, in a Dog Show.

When he got there for the contest, they laughed him back out the door.  Ya see, Siamese had what is called

the 'Lazy Eye'.   Basically, one eye never moved from center of its socket while the other eye was kinda like

a 'popped out' eye.  It was bigger than normal and moved in all directions.

Anyhow, there much more to the story and TN tells it more exact and it is funny.

..........Widder

18 hours ago, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

Last year several folks stayed at Air BNB's I think there were some on a horse farm in Shelbyville.

Randy

Just now, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Last year several folks stayed at Air BNB's I think there were some on a horse farm in Shelbyville.

Randy

Yes. The horse farm was a neat place to stay and not too bad of a drive to the range. 

That said I don't think the music festival is going on this year and we'll likely stay at one of the Hampton's.

7 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Tombstone,

TN Williams has become a much more notorious liar since last year.  

But you gotta ask him to tell the story about entering his goat in a 'dog show'.   Its hilarious.

He even had named his pet goat 'Siamese'.   Yep, just like the cats.

He sent in the applications plus appropriate fees and entered 'Siamese', his pet goat, in a Dog Show.

When he got there for the contest, they laughed him back out the door.  Ya see, Siamese had what is called

the 'Lazy Eye'.   Basically, one eye never moved from center of its socket while the other eye was kinda like

a 'popped out' eye.  It was bigger than normal and moved in all directions.

Anyhow, there much more to the story and TN tells it more exact and it is funny.

..........Widder

Siamese was one of a kind. I figured I'd show those folks something they'd never seen before. He/She was a hermaphrodite. That joker would hump anything not moving in the yard that wasn't a goat. I think it's favorite was my daughters' basketball. He'd huff and puff and pee 10 feet, and make all kind of racket. That is until he seen another goat. Didn't matter if it was male or female, he would hunker down at the front and stay there. Looked pretty funny laying down there all wall eyed and pouting. Widder took one look and tried every way in the world to buy that goat from me but he's too cheap and high strung. I ended up selling himher to the East Conyers Goat Society for $23,000. Widder didn't talk to me for 2 days after that.

Yep, ole Siamese was a 'shim'.   TN took some of that $$$ he got for Siamese and bought a high priced stupid talking bird.

Now that's another story for another time.

..........Widder

30 minutes ago, Palmetto Traveler said:

Ol TW let his truck run outta gas last year because he couldn’t walk away from the ice cream. Fortunately we had a little extra for the generator at Kitty’ Kloset.

Wondered when that would get out. Hey, it was good ice cream, what can I say?

On 4/29/2020 at 10:03 AM, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

We've stayed at the Baymont in Tullahoma on 2 previous occasions and found it fine, good breakfast too.

And we're booked in again this year if we can get a flight.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:47 AM, Chickamauga Slim said:

While no one can predict the future, we are moving ahead with the faith that we will be back to some level of normalcy soon. Tennessee is opening up May 1 for most things outside of our 4 metropolitan areas. While October will be here before we know it, I personally can't imagine staying holed up until then. Y'all come on down to Tennessee, the range is in the middle of nowhere and we promise not to sneeze on you. Fresh air & fewer germs, you can't beat that! And we just might even have some form of internal sanitizer.......after all they make it just down the road.

As long as we are allowed to fly we'll be there.

However it may take an official confirmation and request to World Champ Kathouse Kelli to return to defend her title to cover the "essential travel" requirements. 

• 3 weeks later...

There are still a couple of slots open for my 10% rebate offer. The next 2 shooters who have never shot the TN State match at Wartrace can receive a 10% rebate on thier application fee. Send me a private message to learn how to qualify. 

And if you are 16 or younger, we'll bump it to 20%!

See y'all in October!

On 4/29/2020 at 7:26 AM, Tn Tombstone said:

I hope I git on that posse. How much that gonna cost me?

:huh:

kR

Slim, do I qualify for the discount if I have never shot the Tn State match well?:rolleyes:

Posse is getting pretty big.

8 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

It'll cost you your reputation..... :lol:

..........Widder

I have been asked if I had no pride. I'm proud to say I have done my best to make that so.

kR

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Slim, do I qualify for the discount if I have never shot the Tn State match well?:rolleyes:

Posse is getting pretty big.

Tombstone, you beat me to the punch, I was going to ask the same thing.:P

Randy

3 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I asked him to put me in the same posse as you. Just so you know what to expect.

Forgot to tell him I was under 16. Well, almost four times now but if I had been born on February 29th in a leap year...

5 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

I asked him to put me in the same posse as you. Just so you know what to expect.

Forgot to tell him I was under 16. Well, almost four times now but if I had been born on February 29th in a leap year...

Sounds good! 

Here's me:

FB_IMG_1518279745560.jpg

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Sounds good! 

Here's me:

FB_IMG_1518279745560.jpg

1 hour ago, John Kloehr said:

Tyrel, if you haven't sent your application in yet be sure to tell Papa Dave to put y'all on the same posse, assuming you aren't shooting with the workers.....

4 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Tyrel, if you haven't sent your application in yet be sure to tell Papa Dave to put y'all on the same posse, assuming you aren't shooting with the workers.....

I've sent it in but no confirmation. I'll send him an email though and let him know to put JK with me and Mustang.

Not shooting with the workers this year but I am open to helping out sometime down the road.

Archived