SASS Wire Forum

2020 TN State Championship

Chickamauga Slim

The Wartrace Regulators are hosting the 2020 SASS TN State Championship match October 8-10, 2020. You can get more information & an application on our website, www.wartraceregulators.com

For the first five cowboys\cowgirls who have never attended the TN State match in Wartrace & send me a private message, I will personally give you a 10% rebate on your entry fee.

I am Chickamauga Slim & I approved this message.

And if you are a buckaroo or buckarette and this is your first State match ever I'll bump the rebate to 20%. Dad, Mom, bring them kids. Message me for details on how to claim your rebate.

Edited

19 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Hey Slim,

Be careful with those rebates........ TN Williams might try to sign up in a female category just to save 5%..... :lol:

..........Widder

STOP GIVING HIM IDEAS! We do NOT want to see him dressed like a Saloon girl!

Although it might be funny and raise some $$ for the cancer fund if'n he did...

1 hour ago, C. W. Knight # 47289L said:

Iffin' he's gonna do dat he will half ta lay offn them 'nannar splits.  :D:D

He'll be fine. Haven't you seen those vintage paintings hanging above the bar. Although come to think of it I have never saw one with 5 o'clock shadow before. :P

1 hour ago, C. W. Knight # 47289L said:

Iffin' he's gonna do dat he will half ta lay offn them 'nannar splits.  :D:D

Imagine..... 2020 TN State being the first state match to have 'Expectant Soiled Dove' category

for the nanner split addicts..... :lol:

Now thats funny.....I don't care who you are!

..........Widder

Oh yea, one more important item.

This years 'rifle' could very well be a Henry 'Silver Eagle' .22

Slater will order it up in June and we'll go from there.

Hey Sedalia Dave..... you could be totin it back to Texas when TN is in your rearview mirror.

Do you feel lucky?

..........Widder

47 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Will get my application in this week. 

Need a recommendation on a place to park my RV.

Really looking forward to finally meeting some of y'all

So if this is your first time at Wartrace send me a private message and I'll tell you how to collect your rebate.

And there is a good campground in Shelbyville, TN, not too far from the range. And so you'll fit in it's pronounced Sheb-i (like in ick)-vul (like in full).

I'll try to round up some info on it.

1 hour ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

So if this is your first time at Wartrace send me a private message and I'll tell you how to collect your rebate.

And there is a good campground in Shelbyville, TN, not too far from the range. And so you'll fit in it's pronounced Sheb-i (like in ick)-vul (like in full).

I'll try to round up some info on it.

Thanks, :)

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Holler at me and I'll buy you lunch!

Or at the least, I'll make Widder buy you lunch!

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Imagine..... 2020 TN State being the first state match to have 'Expectant Soiled Dove' category

for the nanner split addicts..... :lol:

Now thats funny.....I don't care who you are!

..........Widder

Don't know about that, but I may start a new category called soiler of doves. It involves pink shoes and sport coat with a cane and feathers. It'll be for Randy's cancer fund he does every year too!

So this match is still definitely on?

7 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

SD - Went last year with an RV, we stayed at the Equestrian Center.  Full hook ups, only about 20 minutes from the range and plenty of room.  Ask Slim if it'll be open for the match.

Im hopeing that Rona will have left us by Oct and this is a whale of a match. Im in, have been since 2004.

Imis  looking forward to meeting some new pards

I secured my room in Bell Buckle last fall for this event.  It's been a while since I've shot Wartrace and I'm really looking forward to this match!  Apps going in the mail today.  I'm shooting Lady Outlaw this go round and would love some competition.  Ladies, you have five months to practice!  Who's in?

Sedalie Dave, We stay at a equestrian campground in Shelbyville. I will post the information as soon as I get back to the office. It is called the Sale of Champion Campground. it is Grass with full hookups. plenty of 30 amp, limited 50 amp. There may be nicer campgrounds around but none funner. We have a campfire each night and tell lies til the early hours. Drink plenty of carrot juice and such.

Give me a couple of days and I will get all that info posted.

On another note, we have a large Outlaw turnout for this match. If you have Outlaw tendency's and want to try out the best, Whiskey Creek will be there again this year. We should have Outlaws from FL, GA, AL, TN, KY, OH and hopefully a few more states, like maybe Kid Rich for AZ.  Heck, TX has shown up a few times in the past but it has been a while.

Come on down, up or over the Tennessee and shot at one of the best matches in SASS. How can it get better when you have Jack Daniels as a main match sponsor.

14 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

So this match is still definitely on?

While no one can predict the future, we are moving ahead with the faith that we will be back to some level of normalcy soon. Tennessee is opening up May 1 for most things outside of our 4 metropolitan areas. While October will be here before we know it, I personally can't imagine staying holed up until then. Y'all come on down to Tennessee, the range is in the middle of nowhere and we promise not to sneeze on you. Fresh air & fewer germs, you can't beat that! And we just might even have some form of internal sanitizer.......after all they make it just down the road.

18 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Oh yea, one more important item.

This years 'rifle' could very well be a Henry 'Silver Eagle' .22

Slater will order it up in June and we'll go from there.

Widder, This wire says you can't receive messages.  I assume that's because TW won't quit trying to harass you! Please send me your email address, I won't share it, heck me & TW ain't even on speaking terms since he swiped my nanner puddin at Miller's grocery. Don't ever excuse yourself to go to the restroom while 1. you still have dessert on your plate & 2. TW is sitting at your table. That's the real 1 & 2 of restroom etiquette. & thank God for spell check or I never would have gotten that last word right.

:FlagAm: I betcha that nanner pudding had Nilla Vanilla wafers all around, a heavy dollop of whipped cream and a cherry on top.  TN Williams just can't help himself when such things are right that in front of him saying "Take Me, Take Me, I'm Yours:wub:".

Chas B:P

SLIM,

I don't mind sharing my email because its part of my business information.

widder1894@icloud.com

Hope this helps.  I will look for your message.      You are correct.....you can't trust that conniving nanner split stealing, ice cream

loving addict known as TN Williams,  aka:  heartbreaker/homewreaker kid,  The Goat Man,  Duelist Master, etc.....

TN Williams also told me that most applicants put on their application the name of another shooter who they want to

posse with.

He said that A lot of applications list his name as someone NOT to shoot with..... :lol:

..........Widder

3 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Sedalie Dave, We stay at a equestrian campground in Shelbyville. I will post the information as soon as I get back to the office. It is called the Sale of Champion Campground. it is Grass with full hookups. plenty of 30 amp, limited 50 amp. There may be nicer campgrounds around but none funner. We have a campfire each night and tell lies til the early hours. Drink plenty of carrot juice and such.

Give me a couple of days and I will get all that info posted.

On another note, we have a large Outlaw turnout for this match. If you have Outlaw tendency's and want to try out the best, Whiskey Creek will be there again this year. We should have Outlaws from FL, GA, AL, TN, KY, OH and hopefully a few more states, like maybe Kid Rich for AZ.  Heck, TX has shown up a few times in the past but it has been a while.

Come on down, up or over the Tennessee and shot at one of the best matches in SASS. How can it get better when you have Jack Daniels as a main match sponsor.

Thanks I am looking forward to joining you all.  Signed up to shoot Frontiersman but Josey Wales is tempting.

26 minutes ago, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

Now that you got my interest up, is there a list of hotels nearby?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g55400-Wartrace_Tennessee-Hotels.html

We usually stay around Manchester, but several in Tullahoma too.

1 hour ago, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

Now that you got my interest up, is there a list of hotels nearby?

Tullahoma, Murfreesboro, Shebvul/Shelbyville and Manchester. Oh, I'm going too. I'm from that area. Loser buys at the Boar?

5 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Hope this helps.  I will look for your message.      You are correct.....you can't trust that conniving nanner split stealing, ice cream

loving addict known as TN Williams,  aka:  heartbreaker/homewreaker kid,  The Goat Man,  Duelist Master, etc.....

TN Williams also told me that most applicants put on their application the name of another shooter who they want to

posse with.

He said that A lot of applications list his name as someone NOT to shoot with..... :lol:

..........Widder

The sure fire way to tell me and Widder apart, besides me being purtier is he tells out and out lies whereas you may just hear an occasional misinformationism from me. I may tell you I ran a 14 second stage and let the 3 misses I had on it accidentally slip my mind. Widder will tell you he ran it in a negative 6 seconds clean. If I hadn't witnessed him hitting 6 kd in 3.82 with the 97 I'd have called him a low down yankee liar and made him buy me a nanner split.

The REAL story of people not wanting to posse with me is cause of Widder hisownself. The story got out about his medical condition. He's got the walking farts. You ought to hear him run a stage with multiple locations. Bang, bang, poot, poot, poot, bang. Used to we would say the tables were 3 steps apart. Now we say their 3 poots away!

I don't make this stuff up.

Most Cowboy shooting events have Posse's and are numbered like, Posse 1, etc......

TN Williams is rumored to be the Stage Driver of the 'Liars Posse' at the TN State this year.

Vegas will be giving 'odds' on how many applicants will request NOT to be on his posse..... :lol:

When you see TN, ask him to tell you about the time he entered his pet goat in a

dog contest.   Its hilarious but he can't tell it on the wire.  That's right, he entered his

pet goat in a 'Show Dog' contest.   He thought he had a 'Show Goat'..... :lol:

I might also mention that TN will tell the 'Goat-Dog' story to his friends and folks he likes.

If he don't like you or wants to be left alone, he'll tell you there ain't no story and it never happened.

Thats how he is.

..........Widder

Archived