SASS Wire Forum

1887 Chiappa back from Lassiter

Go West

Just got my package today and ran some dummy rounds through it. I can't wait to shoot it. Several clubs are going to shoot soon, but I am very high risk and need to wait a bit. This is like Christmas in April. If you're reading this Lassiter, thank you so much. The check is in the mail. See you down the trail.

7 hours ago, Go West said:

Just got my package today and ran some dummy rounds through it. I can't wait to shoot it. Several clubs are going to shoot soon, but I am very high risk and need to wait a bit. This is like Christmas in April. If you're reading this Lassiter, thank you so much. The check is in the mail. See you down the trail.

Just go out into your back yard and try it out!  Your neighbors down there won’t care - predator control practice!!!

Hello. Good morning. I recently acquired a Clone 1887 Lever Action 12 Gauge Shotgun. Furthermore, I wanted in the near future to have this gun worked on to possibly go into Cowboy Action Shooting. In addition to that, I heard about a person named Lassiter who does excellent work on cowboy action guns. Does anyone have this gentlemen`s contact information? All in all, any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you gentlemen. 

Sincerely,

Brian Wilson

7 minutes ago, Go West said:

Lassiter (Tom) 937-687-1039

Great 1887 guy. He's in Ohio.

I have always found it's easiest to get a hold of him between 4p and 5p.

7 hours ago, Brian Wilson said:

Hello. Good morning. I recently acquired a Clone 1887 Lever Action 12 Gauge Shotgun

What brand clone did you get? I don't know if he'll work on one of the PW87's. Every one I've seen that he's done is a Chiappa. But it never hurts to ask.

I sent Lassiter my IAC 1887 many years ago now, and it still works  perfectly without problem. When I used to take it to matches ( I am  just getting back in after a 4 yr layoff) people always used to comment that mine was the only one they saw that worked all the time!

On 4/27/2020 at 5:06 PM, Go West said:

You are going to love it .

Lassiter does a really nice job .

Keep us all informed on it .

6 hours ago, Doc X said:

What brand clone did you get? I don't know if he'll work on one of the PW87's. Every one I've seen that he's done is a Chiappa. But it never hurts to ask.

I did get the PW-87 Lever Action 12 Gauge version however I will buy the Chiappa version the next time around. I hope this master gunsmith would work on my PW-87. Initially, I will have the action demurred and smoothed like glass from a decent gunsmith in my area. .

He did my IAC clone years ago and it works great. Only dummies through the Chiappa so far and I can't wait to try it out. It's almost too pretty to shoot..........naw, that's what they're for!

9 hours ago, Go West said:

He did my IAC clone years ago and it works great. Only dummies through the Chiappa so far and I can't wait to try it out. It's almost too pretty to shoot..........naw, that's what they're for!

My Lassiter done Chiappa should ship today or tomorrow! Feel like a kid at Christmas!

About eight years ago, I sent my Norinco/IAC off to "the other guy", who had it for seven months. :blink: It wasn't right when I got it back, so I called Lassiter and arranged to send it off to him. It was back 18 days later, and works perfectly now. :)

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Decided not to wait to go get it ?

Yeah, I really wanted to get it and meet Lassiter, but Ohio extended again and my impatience got the best of me.  And he had his money tied up in the gun itself, his parts and his labor. He wasn't worried about it, but I just didn't feel right with him having to wait longer.

22 minutes ago, Doc X said:

Yeah, I really wanted to get it and meet Lassiter, but Ohio extended again and my impatience got the best of me.  And he had his money tied up in the gun itself, his parts and his labor. He wasn't worried about it, but I just didn't feel right with him having to wait longer.

It will be nice we can get back to normal. Hopefully you have someplace to shoot it when it shows up 

19 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

It will be nice we can get back to normal. Hopefully you have someplace to shoot it when it shows up 

Got dummies ready to go for some basement warm up. Then my neighbor's son has a small range in back of his property, just used it yesterday to keep the Vaquero's tuned up. LOL

Just picked mine up tonight.  Looking forward to getting out tomorrow and giving her a try.

Got mine today and it was worth every bit of the wait! Gonna take a bunch of practice for sure but I'm liking it ALOT already. One discovery already, a lever wrap is mandatory! Sawyer, I haven't dropped it, but it sure is slick!

On 5/4/2020 at 5:21 PM, Three Foot Johnson said:

About eight years ago, I sent my Norinco/IAC off to "the other guy", who had it for seven months. :blink: It wasn't right when I got it back, so I called Lassiter and arranged to send it off to him. It was back 18 days later, and works perfectly now. :)

We are talking about the same "other guy" right?  I'm going to get in contact with him to see if he can help mine work a little faster.

5 hours ago, Crusty said:

We are talking about the same "other guy" right?  I'm going to get in contact with him to see if he can help mine work a little faster.

Yep.

Archived