SASS Wire Forum

SASS Wire Friends and Family

Rooster Ron Wayne

Good morning. 

I'm thankful for the years of commentary with all of you.

It's been one heck of a ride .

And a whole lot of fun .

I have done many different things over the years .

I spent most of my life in a 1% Motorcycle club .

Were everyone calls you Brother but will stab you in the back while giving you a hug .

Life really changed for me around 2010 when I expected Jesus Christ as my savior. 

That's as far as I will go with my faith. 

I ment Duece  Stevens in the spring of  2010.

He was working at a gun store and I was buying a Winchester 1894 from them .

Upon checking out Steve asked me if I ever heard of Cowboy Acton shooting  ? 

He invited my to Rockford Gun club that weekend to watch a Cowboy shooting Match. 

I was hooked on the spot .

I had every thing I needed to play the game already because I was a Cowboy at heart .

I built a gun cart what day when I got home .

I was at the game the next weekend. 

I owe a lot of thanks to ( Steve) Deuce Steven's  for the next two years of help he gave me to fit right in .

I bought many Cowboy guns to shoot any kind of category I wanted to shoot.

I'm now coming to the end of my shooting abilities. 

Some of you remember and helped me and supported me threw a bad Motorcycle crash in 2016 .

After a few surgery's and therapy I started walking again .

But it's not good .

I'm getting worse as time goes on .

So this is putting a end to my Cowboy Acton shooting. 

But Not a end to me being a SASS Member or being on The SASS Wire with Friends and Family. 

Yes we have had our arguments and fights .

What family dont.

But we always made up,  and was still family and friends in the end when thing cooled off.

Heck I have even been kicked off the wire a time or too, 

Lol right Phantom ! 

We dont take none of it personal,  it's just the heat of the moment and you cant take it back after you hit send .

Some times we forget that we are talking to a friend or another person when you are typing and not hearing a vice or seeing a face .

So if I ever offended you in any way.

I'm truly sorry. 

I'm very opinionated and like to share it with you if you want it or not.

God Bless you all. 

I hope and Pray we all have many more years of shooting together and or sharing our opinions together on the wire .

This is not a good by , 

But I will see you down the trail.

Rooster Ron Wayne. 

Understand completely. A lot of us are having to dial back or end our shooting activities. Time marches on and circumstances change.

But I'll hang around as long as I can poke a smile out of somebody. '

Best to ya, Pard.

I am sorry to hear this, my friend.

I know exactly what you mean. Bike crashes tend to take a lot out of you...and put a lot in, like: plates, screws, brackets, hinges, etc. :lol:

I hate that you have to quit, but I do  understand. You will be missed, I am sure of  that.

My CAS is on hold pending spine surgery, which I will be having soon, I hope.

Please don't leave the Saloon. I would definitely miss you.

I will pray that you heal up enough to come back to  the fun.

As much as I hate to hear of someone hanging up their guns, I understand the challenges others face are significant, and sometimes it just makes sense. I'm glad you were able to enjoy for awhile, and I'm glad you intend to stick around here. Take care of yourself!

God never closes one door without opening another.  You know He is working on a new path for your right now, just have to put your trust in Him.

And don't forget you can turn that Harley into a trike and still get the wind in your face. Keep the shiny side up & keep smiling.

I can certainly relate to the struggles with physical recovery.  I’ve gone from shooting forty and fifty matches a year to one match last year.

The latest episode required neck surgery and two months in hospital and rehab just to get to where I can walk on my own, mostly with a cane!  My balance comes and goes and I walk with an exaggerated limp most of the time. I ain’t ready to throw in the towel, but I’m not sure yet whether I can shoot and move safely. Time will tell.

Rooster!!  Best wishes and good luck in whatever endeavors you choose to explore!  Don’t quit hanging with us here on the wire!

I wish you the best RRW. If you get to the point where you can’t shoot anymore just showing up at a match is quite enjoyable, IMO. Due to some health issues in the past I was unable to shoot the match but showed up anyway and watched the unload table and just enjoyed talking to everyone that came by. The old saying Come for the shooting and stay for the people is true.

7 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I wish you the best RRW. If you get to the point where you can’t shoot anymore just showing up at a match is quite enjoyable, IMO. Due to some health issues in the past I was unable to shoot the match but showed up anyway and watched the unload table and just enjoyed talking to everyone that came by. The old saying Come for the shooting and stay for the people is true.

Thank you all .

Yul Lose you hit the nail on the head .

I shot one match last year and barely got threw it .

But the  comaradery  was the best part of the day .

I cant hardly ride ether one of my Harleys anymore. 

I cant stand move and shoot anymore. 

But I definitely can watch a

un-loading table or a loading table.

And I love seeing everyone. 

And talking guns and stuff .

Like I said .

I'm definitely staying  here on the wire .

As long as they will keep me .lol

Thank you guys .

I feel the Cowboy love .

You all have made feel a lot better.

God bless you all.

Rooster 

It's a strong man who knows when it's time to hang up the guns, but there are many ways to remain within the circle.  Don't be a stranger.

I've slowed down quite a bit in the last two years.  I'm beginning to wonder if I'll make it to when I can retire (4 more years in July).  So I completely understand. 

Best to you and I hope you show up and enjoy the camaraderie from time to time. 

So sorry to hear this. I know what accidents can do to a human body. Rarely get back to the way it use to be. Then it's time to do with what you have and do the best with what you do have. Best of luck and still try to come to the shoots.

So, you're saying there's a Harley for sale?:ph34r:

Just kidding. I hear ya about the "brother" thing. Whenever I got one of them Bro hugs, I always had that thought in the back of my mind that some were practicing knife placement. It really kinda made me reclusive. I fell into SASS by a fluke and the people are best therapy. I don't move as good as I used to, but I look forward to getting out and being with my pards and the ones I've yet to meet.

God knows the trails well and will help ya when you need it. As of late, I think that help wears a good hat.

Be well Rooster and we'll see you on the trail. (Even if it's just this one)

22 hours ago, Hendo said:

So, you're saying there's a Harley for sale?:ph34r:

Just kidding. I hear ya about the "brother" thing. Whenever I got one of them Bro hugs, I always had that thought in the back of my mind that some were practicing knife placement. It really kinda made me reclusive. I fell into SASS by a fluke and the people are best therapy. I don't move as good as I used to, but I look forward to getting out and being with my pards and the ones I've yet to meet.

God knows the trails well and will help ya when you need it. As of late, I think that help wears a good hat.

Be well Rooster and we'll see you on the trail. (Even if it's just this one)

As mater of fact !

I am selling my 2003

(100th Anniversary ) Ultra Classic. 

15k Original miles 

Stage 4 Engine. 

Many custom parts .

Best of everything. 

I have over the years got around 50,000 invested in this bike .

10,000 firm .

PM . Me if any interest. 

I'm not really posting it for sale any where .

Just telling Friends and Family that it is for sale.

Her name is Black Betty bambalam

IMG_20200413_152430_446.jpg

IMG_20200122_152806_581.jpg

IMG_20191126_062421_210.jpg

2017-05-22 09.26.06.jpg

You know, Rooster, in another time you and I would have clashed hard.  In my law enforcement days, I spent a lot of time busting up the 1%er motorcycle gangs -- the national headquarters of the Sons of Silence is in my city (there is a history channel special about how we busted them up).  American Iron, the Mongols, and a few others have a large footprint here.  I saw them as the "white" version of the black and hispanic street gangs I contended with (Bloods, Crips, Folk Nation, Gangster Disciples, Surenos, Nortenos, etc.).  

All of them are scum.  All of them are funded through drug sales, robbery, burglary, extortion, and other crime.  The "white" gangs did it from the back of a Harley, and the black and hispanic gangs did it from hooptie rides.  There's no difference to me; they all need to go away from society, and I spent a lot of time trying to lock them up.  If I passed a Harley on the street, my eyes were in the side mirror looking for patches (to the uninformed, motorcycle gangs ALWAYS wear their patches identifying their allegiance to a particular gang -- they are kind enough to advertise to me that they are members of a criminal organization, and if they get spotted without their patches, their gang "brothers" will murder them).  If I saw patches, I did a U-turn and followed the biker until he did something mundane like change lanes without using a signal.  Bam.  Probable Cause.  Then I'd stop him and start playing the game.  I didn't care about the traffic infraction; it was simply a lawful reason to pull him over and play the game.  My end goal for the game was to have him in handcuffs and off to the People Zoo.  Drugs, illegal weapons, warrants, etc. were all my tools, and they were generally kind enough to have one or more of the above.  

The amazing thing is, because you found Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, we are going to meet in person someday.  It won't be on the street, and it will be under much more pleasant circumstances.   

3 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

You know, Rooster, in another time you and I would have clashed hard.  In my law enforcement days, I spent a lot of time busting up the 1%er motorcycle gangs -- the national headquarters of the Sons of Silence is in my city (there is a history channel special about how we busted them up).  American Iron, the Mongols, and a few others have a large footprint here.  I saw them as the "white" version of the black and hispanic street gangs I contended with (Bloods, Crips, Folk Nation, Gangster Disciples, Surenos, Nortenos, etc.).  

All of them are scum.  All of them are funded through drug sales, robbery, burglary, extortion, and other crime.  The "white" gangs did it from the back of a Harley, and the black and hispanic gangs did it from hooptie rides.  There's no difference to me; they all need to go away from society, and I spent a lot of time trying to lock them up.  If I passed a Harley on the street, my eyes were in the side mirror looking for patches (to the uninformed, motorcycle gangs ALWAYS wear their patches identifying their allegiance to a particular gang -- they are kind enough to advertise to me that they are members of a criminal organization, and if they get spotted without their patches, their gang "brothers" will murder them).  If I saw patches, I did a U-turn and followed the biker until he did something mundane like change lanes without using a signal.  Bam.  Probable Cause.  Then I'd stop him and start playing the game.  I didn't care about the traffic infraction; it was simply a lawful reason to pull him over and play the game.  My end goal for the game was to have him in handcuffs and off to the People Zoo.  Drugs, illegal weapons, warrants, etc. were all my tools, and they were generally kind enough to have one or more of the above.  

The amazing thing is, because you found Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, we are going to meet in person someday.  It won't be on the street, and it will be under much more pleasant circumstances.   

Well Brother I'm going to be happy to see you on the other side one day.

But  you know as well as I do .

The Boys in blue ant any better them the scum they take off the streets .

I have seen most all are corrupt too a extent and others completely. 

Iv seen Cops selling and doing Coke pushing and using all kinds of drugs all while putting others in jail for the same things they are doing every day .

Buying Women and taking payoffs.

No better then others they bust but think they are above the law .

At least within the biker world you get what you see .

In the real world the good is just as bad as the bad .

I'm prof Jesus Christ can change anyone he decides too.

I was the Vice President of one of the Largest Organizations in the State .

We had a Coalition with 16 other Clubs .

We had a large organization or family if I may.

I come home from Club Meatin on Sunday .

My wife of many years filny said enough is enough and she wanted out .

She told me This is Not what God wants for her our kids or our lives .

I told her if your God want me out , Tell him to tell me right now !

I slammed her Bible down on the table and opened it too.

Isaiah 1.11-20

11What to me is the multitude of your sacrifices? says the Lord; I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of fed beasts; I do not delight in the blood of bulls, or of lambs, or of goats. 12When you come to appear before me, who asked this from your hand? Trample my courts no more; 13bringing offerings is futile; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and sabbath and calling of convocation— I cannot endure solemn assemblies with iniquity. 14Your new moons and your appointed festivals my soul hates; they have become a burden to me, I am weary of bearing them. 15When you stretch out your hands, I will hide my eyes from you; even though you make many prayers, I will not listen; your hands are full of blood.

16Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your doings from before my eyes; cease to do evil, 17learn to do good; seek justice, rescue the oppressed, defend the orphan, plead for the widow. 18Come now, let us argue it out, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be like snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool. 19If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land; 20but if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

I then called the Club House with Tears Rolling down my face .

Told the Sargent of Arms to come to my home now.

I handed him my Patch and keys and told him to tell everyone I'm done and dont come to my home.

I will see it as a attempt on my life and we will go to war .

From that day forward I walked with Christ .

Yes I stumble and yes I'm a Sinner. 

But I'm forgiven and every day is a new day.

I Pray this may touch someone else and change there lives .

God bless. 

Rooster 

20 minutes ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Well Brother I'm going to be happy to see you on the other side one day.

But  you know as well as I do .

The Boys in blue ant any better them the scum they take off the streets .

I have seen most all are corrupt too a extent and others completely. 

Iv seen Cops selling and doing Coke pushing and using all kinds of drugs all while putting others in jail for the same things they are doing every day .

Buying Women and taking payoffs.

No better then others they bust but think they are above the law .

At least within the biker world you get what you see .

In the real world the good is just as bad as the bad .

I'm prof Jesus Christ can change anyone he decides too.

I was the Vice President of one of the Largest Organizations in the State .

We had a Coalition with 16 other Clubs .

We had a large organization or family if I may.

I come home from Club Meatin on Sunday .

My wife of many years filny said enough is enough and she wanted out .

She told me This is Not what God wants for her our kids or our lives .

I told her if your God want me out , Tell him to tell me right now !

I slammed her Bible down on the table and opened it too.

Isaiah 1.11-20

11What to me is the multitude of your sacrifices? says the Lord; I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of fed beasts; I do not delight in the blood of bulls, or of lambs, or of goats. 12When you come to appear before me, who asked this from your hand? Trample my courts no more; 13bringing offerings is futile; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and sabbath and calling of convocation— I cannot endure solemn assemblies with iniquity. 14Your new moons and your appointed festivals my soul hates; they have become a burden to me, I am weary of bearing them. 15When you stretch out your hands, I will hide my eyes from you; even though you make many prayers, I will not listen; your hands are full of blood.

16Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your doings from before my eyes; cease to do evil, 17learn to do good; seek justice, rescue the oppressed, defend the orphan, plead for the widow. 18Come now, let us argue it out, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be like snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool. 19If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land; 20but if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

I then called the Club House with Tears Rolling down my face .

Told the Sargent of Arms to come to my home now.

I handed him my Patch and keys and told him to tell everyone I'm done and dont come to my home.

I will see it as a attempt on my life and we will go to war .

From that day forward I walked with Christ .

Yes I stumble and yes I'm a Sinner. 

But I'm forgiven and every day is a new day.

I Pray this may touch someone else and change there lives .

God bless. 

Rooster 

This ^ has to be some of the strongest words I've seen sewn together on the internet. 

Thank you for that. 

Oh, and that is one seriously righteous ride. 

Archived