SASS Wire Forum

Jackson mayor temporarily suspends open carry law during COVID-19

Charlie T Waite

So a mayor has the authority to suspend state law and infringe on the federal constitution and proceed with what amounts to an executive order implementing “a temporary restriction”  but doesn’t feel the need to give an end date as to how temporary, cites increases in “gun violence” but gives no time frame of when nor numbers to backup the supposed increase? Says that under previous legislation (now no longer in effect) the wearing of an open carry firearm gave police the authority to remove your personal property and check for “illegal” firearms? with no other probable cause? and that was ok while mentioning he agrees with the second amendment!?!!

Silly me! I thought we were talking about a part of America not some third world backwater under the thumb of a dictator who does as he pleases. :angry:

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Somehow I don't feel any more violent when I carry open, which is pretty rare however!

How long has the open carry law been on the books? He makes it sound like it is relatively recent, and that it caused gun violence to increase. He also didn't say whether the 2 kids who died were actually killed due to the open carry law. But then, that would be actually basing decisions on facts, instead of just his personal emotions, and we can't have that!

Archived