SASS Wire Forum

Remember 'this'.......... ?

Remember during the years gas prices kept rising and at times, it was rumored to go 'sky high' per gallon?

AND, remember when all the business would raise their prices BECAUSE of 'gas prices' mandated their services

would cost more?

NOW, do you think ANY of those business will lower the prices of their services?   

..........WIdder

Heck, gasoline would be priced way below $1.00 per gallon if it wasn't for Federal and state taxes on it. The only companies that I've heard of cutting prices or issuing "rebates" are vehicle insurance companies and electric utility companies. 

With the fuel prices so low, I did go fill up my 10 - 5 gallon gas cans for hurricane preparation at $2.21 per gallon of non ethanol gasoline. Saved about a $1.25 per gallon as compared to last year.

Prices are higher all around. Deliveries are NOT being made on a  regular basis so prices are up.

Crap! Had to edit after UB quoted me and I saw that I forgot a very important word. :wacko:

Yup. The airlines came up with all their extra fees to cover the increasing cost of fuel. Now we have to pay for luggage and sundry other things even though their costs went down.

I read recently they're using this downtime to update the airplane cabins. Yep, they're adding even more seats to cram us even closer together. I'm envisioning a day when they'll install grab handles for standing passengers like they do on buses and subways. <_<

$1.35 in Fort Wayne. North of here Kaya would have paid $0.99/gal but got a discount at Kroger so she paid $0.69/gallon. 

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Prices are higher all around. Deliveries are being made on a  regular basis so prices are up.

In fact more deliveries are being made due to increased demand for some items.

22 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

In fact more deliveries are being made due to increased demand for some items.

I had to fix my post. I forgot a “not” in there. 

Around here deliveries have been down for some items, like groceries. The funny part is some stores in the same chain have different quantities of products. One store says shelves are bare because they haven’t gotten deliveries while a store of the same name 4 miles away is only short on water and toilet paper but fully stocked otherwise. 

What do gas prices have to do with the goods we buy?

The semi-rig is diesel.  Most farm and logging equipment is diesel.  Locomotives are diesel.  Ain't seen much movement in diesel prices yet.

I'm in the oil bidness so I'm not too fond of the low gas prices.  BUT, I still wanna find the biggest gas can I can handle and fill it up.  I wonder how much a 100 gallon can would cost (and a pump to get it out of course). 

Already missed my chance to get paid $30 to store a barrel of oil. 

8 hours ago, Tom Bullweed said:

The semi-rig is diesel.  Most farm and logging equipment is diesel.  Locomotives are diesel.  Ain't seen much movement in diesel prices yet.

From what I know about it, gas and diesel are both made from the same crude oil.  More diesel is being used compared to gas, so it's price is not going down as much.  I would like to see diesel go down if the parks and such were open so we could take the trailer out.

23 hours ago, Tom Bullweed said:

Diesel here in Casa Grande, AZ is $1.67

On 4/27/2020 at 8:03 AM, doc roy l. pain said:

Isn’t happening here. In fact, grocery prices have been increasing 

As far as grocery prices increasing, I can save money by living off my "stored energy."

Archived