SASS Wire Forum

34 years today

Trigger Mike

Lord blessed us to make it 34 years together.  It wasn't but a couple of years ago she kept asking me for a divorce.   She never went to the lawyer though as far as I know.   That seems behind us now and I am glad.  That time during and after her cancer was rough for a couple of years or more.  She has actually gotten even better during this stay at home business,  even though I have always worked from home for years day trading on the stock market.   Even during the trouble it was rare for me to be gone at all and usually no more than an hour .

You have to hold on as best you can until God blesses again only you can't hold on without God blessing you to do that. 

If you are a good cook, then cook something nice that she likes. (?)

CB

35 Years April 13 2020 ...

And I still owe her a Night Out ....

We don't always see Eye to eye ,,, But mostly we See Heart to Heart ...

Jabez Cowboy

Congratulations and God Bless you both for hanging in. My wife and I will hit the big Five-Oh this November. Our secret? I cook, she cleans, and we're best friends. Sure there were ups and downs, but that life.

4 hours ago, Clay Mosby said:

Congratulations and God Bless you both for hanging in. My wife and I will hit the big Five-Oh this November. Our secret? I cook, she cleans, and we're best friends. Sure there were ups and downs, but that life.

Sounds like what happens in our house. We hit 50 in Oct.

kR

Congratulations to you and the wife.

Amy & I had our 38th last Friday. We got Outback Steakhouse takeout and watched movies at home.

Trigger Mike: Why don't you contact one of your favourite restaurants and ask if they are making take out meals and get it delivered?

That's happening here in Canada and it's helping some of the restaurants stay in business, even if they can't serve in their dining rooms.

Order something she enjoys; get out the good dishes and silverware, place mats, candles on the table, wine, a little music.

Our 53rd anniversary is coming up May 25 and that's what I'm planning.

(Unless the weather is nice and she wants me to BBQ ! )

Congratulations. Make it a special night in instead, something positive out of the challenging times. Perhaps appropriate as the two of you have made something very positive out of challenging times.

I always tell people that it takes three to make a good marriage. 

Husband,  Wife , and God ! 

The three of you can work threw anything. 

May God bless  you and yours Trigger Mike .

Rooster 

Congratulations, Happy Anniversary. Ellie & I hit 43 years on the 30th.

21 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

One thing I did do is i shaved off my mustache.   She told my 16 year old daughter it was the best present she ever got.   My 8 year old daughter was upset i shaved it as she liked it. 

First - CONGRATULATIONS!

I remember well you posting of your struggle and I'm heartened to hear where you are now.

My wife of of 23 years has never seen me without a mustache, and she's ok with that.

The beard on the other hand, she can do without.:ph34r:

My aunt and uncle who live in the same town as I do celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on January 30, 2020.  Before the lockdown started their kids organized a nice party for them at a wonderful restaurant down in  Maryland.  I was their chauffer for the night and I am glad I got to attend because I am one of 4 guests at their wedding who is still alive.

On 4/27/2020 at 9:20 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Trigger Mike: Why don't you contact one of your favourite restaurants and ask if they are making take out meals and get it delivered?

That's happening here in Canada and it's helping some of the restaurants stay in business, even if they can't serve in their dining rooms.

Order something she enjoys; get out the good dishes and silverware, place mats, candles on the table, wine, a little music.

Our 53rd anniversary is coming up May 25 and that's what I'm planning.

(Unless the weather is nice and she wants me to BBQ ! )

Good idea!  And give them an extravagant tip!!

I did take everyone out to the only restaurant open in town the next day to ruby Tuesday and gave a decent tip .  They had a smaller 1 page paper menu but we were glad they were open.  Tgen we got shakes at chik fil a for desert.  She seems happy 

Happy Anniversary Trigger Mike.  I'm hitting 49 years this friday. Maybe I'll order P F Chang takeout delivered. I got a $50 gift card for Xmas. Perfect time to use it.. Just sayin'

Big Jake 1001

Archived