SASS Wire Forum

Virus eradication!

oak creek martin

Went to the range today for a little practice with just a few friends. When we got there we noticed that there was a mild outbreak. With determined shooters and skilled social distancing. We were able to eradicate the virus.
Yes this stencil is available for sale more info soon in SASS classifieds

1A423DE0-7FF8-41D8-8969-512E6D428E8E.jpeg

A823D3B5-6B31-42CE-9BF8-747E54F2FC36.jpeg

10AE0FC0-7685-45D0-902B-A144A6E2AD97.jpeg

I can understand some of the thoughts on this.....but I would like to get away from all this crap when

we get back to Cowboy shooting.

I've seen about all I want of that virus.

..........Widder

I truly understand how you feel Widder. That’s why I came up with the idea of the stencil. It made me feel like I could take some of my frustration out on that virus in a somewhat comical way.

the small group that I shot with today did have great fun at focusing our shots on that target. 

Hey Oak Creek,  

Maybe the stage writers for Briggsdale and Pawnee can work that stencil into some of the scenarios when we get back to it.  Good to hear from you and hope to shoot together soon.

I tend to agree with Widder on getting away from all the crap. But maybe for the first match back to shooting on the first stage have one big round plate for rifle and one for pistol each with the stencil and do a 10 round dump on each as a pent up stress reliever. 

Your down range berm is pretty far back. Must be hard to shoot into it.:D

18 minutes ago, Swiss Kid, SASS #54030 said:

In order to be a SASS approved target, it must be a pre 1899 virus. See shooters handbook page 666, paragraph 55 c.

Swiss

So would that mean we have to use COVID 1 for the first one, or Covid 95 for 1895? 

Our goal is to have fun. And yes we do have a great range there at the Briggsdale County shootist. 
You can’t see Canada so we can definitely see Wyoming. 
my thought with the stencil reminded me of a movie line where they talk about hanging somebody in effigy. And someone replies, to hell with effigy let’s hang him here!

That’s kind of how I feel about the virus. Take out a little frustration on that thing when we all get back to shooting.

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Your down range berm is pretty far back. Must be hard to shoot into it.:D

Eyesa,

your keen perception is a good urn..... ;)

I bet nobody gets a MDG for shooting over the berm..... :lol:

..........Widder

Archived