SASS Wire Forum

Shout Out to Mountain Marauders

Sarge

I want to give a shout out to Mountain Marauders, Purly and Sudden Sam (and probably some others behind the scene that I'm not aware of) for helping keep our sport alive in these trying times.  The mail in matches are a great way to stay sharp to those of us fortunate enough to have a place to shoot.  They're writing stages that are interesting and challenging yet pretty simple to set up even on a small range.  

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

I want to give a shout out to Mountain Marauders, Purly and Sudden Sam (and probably some others behind the scene that I'm not aware of) for helping keep our sport alive in these trying times.  The mail in matches are a great way to stay sharp to those of us fortunate enough to have a place to shoot.  They're writing stages that are interesting and challenging yet pretty simple to set up even on a small range.  

I wholeheartedly agree with Sarge.  I participated in both mail in matches and eagerly look forward to the next one.   This gives us a chance to compete with folks across the country in as close to a level playing field as it can get when we're not actually together, and lets us anticipate and prepare for a match now while we await the resumption of regular matches.  Way to go TMM!

Great idea. Wish I was near range to participate, local indoor no rapid shooting. tried to slow down my new '73 shooting but they said too fast. but it is lever action and cannot shoot fast. Got the look.

Thanks to all involved in making this possible. I missed the first onebut took part in the second and really had a blast. I had almost forgotten how much fun it is to shoot a match. Look forward to another if things are not back to normal.

Archived