SASS Wire Forum

Unearthing buried treasure...

I love to find buried treasure that others may have missed.

But I also love to share it as well.

Lost on page two of the below post (which only appeared on the SASS WIRE Forum)...

...was a response from Yul himself:

1140099318_YulLoseResponsereRaffle.thumb.JPG.b25e286e8031f88a4e421e06bbeb4673.JPG

Now, I did not find the following information by reading the above response, I actually found it while getting the photo of one of his gun carts for another Post.

You see, there is a raffle being held in August 2020 for a gun cart built by Yul himself.

It appears on the 2129202761_L.O.C.A.S_Logo.JPG.4771f517c2778a54c297f526c69082f8.JPGwebsite, whose link is below.

https://www.ladiesofcowboyactionshooting.com/product-page/locas-pin

So far, 126 tickets have been purchased.

I did not want this opportunity to pass those of you who (1) missed his response above, or (2) do not frequent the SASS WIRE Forum.

Here's wishing someone a one-of-a-kind gun cart by the MASTER himself - Yul Lose.

892886178_YulLoseRaffleTickets.thumb.JPG.5728d74af892e03f1400e02f88d12a76.JPG

Forgot to mention.....I did buy my ticket! ;)

Believe it's a winner. ^_^

image.png.c9181d7085c06c62560aeb1507347b5e.png

Just ordered my ticket! 

They don’t say it in the ad but every dime of ticket sales goes to the LOCAS for their awards and buckles and other expenses and it’s the same for the Rebuild Cajon raffle, they get all of the proceeds.

Howdy,

Im cornfuzed once again. Free shipping or winner pays delivery??

Which is it.

And about what is the usual price of similar cart? I have no idea. It looks like a work of art.

I never win any such thing but if the impossible would happen I would like details.

Or maybe I will just say its a nice donation and not worry.

And how many tickets are the maximum? If no maximum just say so, its fine.

I could buy all but one  and I would still lose.

Best

CR

17 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Yul, how much do they weigh?

The three (3) pieces on an express cart weigh about 28 lbs. add more weight for the ones with doors about 12-16 lbs. it doesn’t load or unload into a vehicle in one piece. There is a carriage, the part with the wheels, the chest and the upper cabinet. Very manageable for one person to load and unload.

19 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Im cornfuzed once again. Free shipping or winner pays delivery??

Which is it.

And about what is the usual price of similar cart? I have no idea. It looks like a work of art.

I never win any such thing but if the impossible would happen I would like details.

Or maybe I will just say its a nice donation and not worry.

And how many tickets are the maximum? If no maximum just say so, its fine.

I could buy all but one  and I would still lose.

Best

CR

There is no free shipping, that’s something the LOCAS do for the stuff they sell. If you win one of the carts you have to figure out how it’ll get there. I can meet someone part way. I’ve trailered the carts out to EOT before and met the winner there for them to pick it up. As far as price go to the LOCAS site and they have a price for tickets. I don’t divulge what I charge to build these carts on the Wire or anywhere else because I don’t want the bullshit that comes with it. There is no maximum on ticket purchases although they are running a special 10 tickets for $100.00;).

So Yul,  if I was lucky enough to win the cart and drove over on I-8 could we work something out where I could meet you at the AZ-CA border. Just in case I was lucky and August is still a few months down the trail. :)

40 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

There is no free shipping, that’s something the LOCAS do for the stuff they sell. If you win one of the carts you have to figure out how it’ll get there. I can meet someone part way. I’ve trailered the carts out to EOT before and met the winner there for them to pick it up. As far as price go to the LOCAS site and they have a price for tickets. I don’t divulge what I charge to build these carts on the Wire or anywhere else because I don’t want the bullshit that comes with it. There is no maximum on ticket purchases although they are running a special 10 tickets for $100.00;).

Yul,

Good for you.

1 hour ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

So Yul,  if I was lucky enough to win the cart and drove over on I-8 could we work something out where I could meet you at the AZ-CA border. Just in case I was lucky and August is still a few months down the trail. :)

I’d probably deliver it because my daughter and family live in Sedona.

Howdy,

A workman is worth his wage.

This whole idea of doing things for free is just plain communisiummm

I used to work on my own cars.  Get your wrist burned by glowing hot headders,,

have a bolt slip and strip the skin off your fingers and of course my favorite

Get so covered with oil you have to shower.  

It was very seldom I ever worked on anyone else car.

But a car running right on a track, now that was worth it.

Best

CR

1 minute ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

A workman is worth his wage.

This whole idea of doing things for free is just plain communisiummm

I used to work on my own cars.  Get your wrist burned by glowing hot headders,,

have a bolt slip and strip the skin off your fingers and of course my favorite

Get so covered with oil you have to shower.  

It was very seldom I ever worked on anyone else car.

But a car running right on a track, now that was worth it.

Best

CR

Let me tell you why I build most of my carts for free and there is no communism involved. Out of 70 carts that I’ve built I’ve only been paid for 22 of them, all of the rest have been for friends, Marines that shoot with our club, raffle carts to help clubs that have been hurt by fires, floods or relocated and had to rebuild etc... I’ve also auctioned a few off to raise funds for clubs. I used to raffle off a cart every year to fund range improvements and the new shooters program at The Cowboys in Norco. Early on I gave a cart away a couple of times as a door prize at big Cowboys matches. Very few shooters want to fork over the cash for one of my carts because I charge a lot to build a custom cart. I can’t go out and move steel and do other heavy lifting to set up and take down stages and I feel pretty guilty not being able to do that, but with a spine that has 21 vertebrae fused and instrumented I’ve got to face my limitations. Helping the LOCAS attract, keep and recruit new members is a pretty good cause in my book and so is helping clubs that are a little down on their luck. I’m starting the build on a cart for a Marine that’s been deployed to Iraq since January and when he’s presented the cart, at his first match when he gets back, it won’t be from me but it will be from the Escondido Bandidos. My wife really doesn’t understand why I give something away that I’ve spent 100 or more hours building plus all of the materials but I love building gun carts and if I waited for a paying customer to come along I wouldn’t be building very many of them.

19 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Forgot to mention.....I did buy my ticket! ;)

Believe it's a winner. ^_^

image.png.c9181d7085c06c62560aeb1507347b5e.png

Or the winner might be one of the five I just bought!;)

No matter who wins, they will get a real treasure. But I do hope it's me.:P

21 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

The three (3) pieces on an express cart weigh about 28 lbs. add more weight for the ones with doors about 12-16 lbs. it doesn’t load or unload into a vehicle in one piece. There is a carriage, the part with the wheels, the chest and the upper cabinet. Very manageable for one person to load and unload.

I've never shipped anything like that.  Any idea what it will cost if it cannot be delivered by hand?  I'm in Texas, but I assume anywhere in the lower 48 would be approximately the same price. 

Edited to add: 

Just to be clear, is it a custom gun cart or the one pictured?  I thought it was the cart pictured but there appears to be at least 4 pictured. 

31 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I've never shipped anything like that.  Any idea what it will cost if it cannot be delivered by hand?  I'm in Texas, but I assume anywhere in the lower 48 would be approximately the same price. 

Edited to add: 

Just to be clear, is it a custom gun cart or the one pictured?  I thought it was the cart pictured but there appears to be at least 4 pictured. 

No, the cart is not built so the winner gets their choice of lumber (walnut or lesser grade) seat color, wheel color. Express (open), double front door or single rear door. I only do one type of wheel now and that’s the 7 spoke wheel and I can paint them if the winner wants. I can build it to hold up to six long guns but a cart like that gets fairly wide. I can build the trays for the chest custom also, if you’ll look at some of my past carts you’ll get an idea what I can do with the trays.

Shipping to Texas, or anywhere for that matter would be costly so the best thing would be take it to WR and meet you there or one of your friends could bring it home to you. 2018 and 2019 I delivered carts to EOT for pickup and it worked out really well. If the winner wants a roll top cart they have to donate another $500.00 to the LOCAS because they are a lot more work and it states this right on the ticket.

Should the winner want additional leatherwork like on the front of the chest and on the crest of the cabinet that is additional as are some things extra that have been requested in the past like holsters and mounts inside the cart on the doors and now I’m doing fractal burning to enhance the exterior appearance and that is additional also.

37 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

If you ask me you found 2 treasures.  At first I thought you were talking about the existence of LOCAS (which was new to me). 

LOCAS is a great addition to SASS, in my opinion. It was started about five years ago by Ruby Jewel to recruit lady shooters  and recognize their importance to our game and they do a great job doing that. Their Legendary LOCAS and other awards are really appreciated by those that are honored with them. Most of what I raise with the LOCAS raffles goes to support things like this and other expenses that they might incur otherwise they’d be out of pocket for these things.

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I bought 2 tickets. They did charge $5 for shipping. Not sure why. It's a donation so they can have the $5 too. ;) :D

Pat,

Did you enter the promo code "Free Shipping"? ;)

26 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Shipping to Texas, or anywhere for that matter would be costly so the best thing would be take it to WR and meet you there or one of your friends could bring it home to you. 2018 and 2019 I delivered carts to EOT for pickup and it worked out really well.

I'm sure a cowboy express option can always be worked out.  I was just wondering what the worst case would be, price wise.  Cowboy express is reliable and cheap, but doggone it sometimes takes a while. 

Got another question, is the Rebuild Cajon raffle selling tickets online?  In the highly unlikely event that I don't win this one. 

45 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I'm sure a cowboy express option can always be worked out.  I was just wondering what the worst case would be, price wise.  Cowboy express is reliable and cheap, but doggone it sometimes takes a while. 

Got another question, is the Rebuild Cajon raffle selling tickets online?  In the highly unlikely event that I don't win this one. 

Not selling them on line but if you’ll pm me I can give you the information. Since the state match was cancelled we decided to put the drawing off until the new state match in September, hopefully I’ll be able to sell more tickets because when the shooting stopped so did the ticket sales. They’ll use the funds to build a new club house to replace the one that had to be torn down when the range was remodeled.

1 hour ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Pat,

Did you enter the promo code "Free Shipping"? ;)

Nope. No biggie 

On 4/26/2020 at 12:45 PM, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

https://www.ladiesofcowboyactionshooting.com/product-page/locas-pin

So far, 126 tickets have been purchased.

I did not want this opportunity to pass those of you who (1) missed his response above, or (2) do not frequent the SASS WIRE Forum.

Here's wishing someone a one-of-a-kind gun cart by the MASTER himself - Yul Lose.

892886178_YulLoseRaffleTickets.thumb.JPG.5728d74af892e03f1400e02f88d12a76.JPG

Okay, guys I just updated our website and you should not have any more problems navigating it. 

Thanks all!

13 minutes ago, rubyjewel said:

Thanks, Ruby, that ought to make it easier.

Archived