SASS Wire Forum

Weird Sass Guns

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

Okay, how's this for a weird battery?  I plan on using it at the first shoot I go to this year...

194397161_IronBattery.thumb.JPG.b46fa8006fe417cdd7d5489d02ee525f.JPG

From top to bottom:

AWA Lighting .45 Colt

Chiappa 87 Mares Leg 2 Gauge

AWA Lightning Bolt .45 Colt.

Custom configured Big Iron, .45 Colt made from an Armi-San Marco Frame, Pietta 1860 grips and a cut down Rossi 92 barrel.

21 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Weird, but half of 'em aren't legal for CAS. :mellow:

I dont recall seeing anything stating that shotguns need to have a buttstock or that they need to be fired from the shoulder....  Let me go look again.

***just checked the handbook again, and didn't see anything preventing a cut off stock on a shotgun.***

I only see one "non sanctioned" firearm in the photo

It was clarification of an existing rule, not a new rule, but yes, it should be noted in the Shooter's Handbook.

I've used a Mossberg Shockwave in the off-season wintertime, "shoot whatcha brung" matches - It's a hoot! :D

Shockwave.jpg

There are a lot of things that occasionally get used a local matches that are not allowed under the rules.   I've seen lots of different things used by others, and used a few myself.   Never even seen anything like that at any of the "big" matches, state, regional, etc, but at local shoots things are often more laid back.  Always best to check first and make sure nobody has a problem with it.

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

How about a self loading single shot shotgun?

That looks like a hoot.  Too bad about that the gun needs ejectors to work.  You have to admire the engineering to make it work, someone spent a lot of time and a lot of thought.

2 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

I thought ejector were legal on single shots.

oh goody we haven't even started the shooting yet and we've got a WTC ;) :D  LOL

9 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

They are legal in single shots

On 5/9/2020 at 6:26 AM, Warden Callaway said:

But wouldn't a "self loader" that ejects be a semi auto???

1 hour ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

But wouldn't a "self loader" that ejects be a semi auto???

No because you still have to push the top snap lever and break it open and then close it with each shot.  Maybe closer to a pump shotgun.   But in any case,  it would be an illegal external mod. WTC? :lol:

8 hours ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Would it be considered weird to shoot the two nickeled ones together at a main match?822965509_123.thumb.JPG.d349e5b191ae8b6b8be0fab56fdcfef5.JPG

I shoot my snubbie Walker and 12" Remington in a match at the NRA once

I've always thought the single-action Nagant revolvers were a little weird. Reichs revolvers have already been mentioned. Personally, I'd like to get set up to do the revolvers and shotgun using pinfire -- but there aren't many pinfire single actions. It seems like all you can find are double-action.

Archived