SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WymoreWrangler SASS 46187

Ten X quit cowboy ammo production...

This might be old news, but I clicked on their website and it said they were no longer manufacturing cowboy or precision ammo, they were concentrating on police and the military markets...

Posted (edited)

They sponsored many SASS matches and contributed ammo as door prizes.  I still have a few boxes of 44 mag BP rounds from them.  I hope they prosper in their chosen market.

Edited by Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Zach Taylor,SASS#14359 said:

The California new gun laws changed their business on what they can and cannot do.

Please expand on this.

Ten Ex  explained on their website the change in their business due to the new laws, I don't know if its still up as I haven't looked at in in a while. If you send them a message, they will explain it.

Can make more $ per product selling firearms than ammo

Could it also be that the “Cowboy “ market is not profitable since almost all of us reload? Personally I think they’re ammo was overpriced! I won’t miss them one bit!

I shot on a high school Jr. ROTC rifle team from 1960 to 1962.  I bought a Ten-X shooting jacket that I unfortunately outgrew.  The quality was first class.  I assume it’s the same company.

Changes in product offerings are tough decisions for any company.  I wish good fortune on each and every company that helps shooters.  Survive and prosper.

Someday I may shop for a new shooting coat, 2XL extra long!  Hang in there Ten-X!

:D

• Like 2