SASS Wire Forum

My cousin is dying of COVID-19...Now passed over

MY cousin, H.L., is now dying of the Coronavirus.

H.L. originally went into the hospital over a month ago (17 Mar 20) in Sterling, Virginia, after suffering a stroke that affected most of his left side.  H.L. recovered well enough, was going through rehab therapy learning to walk again, and was doing well.  About a week ago, H.L. came down with pneumonia and soon thereafter diagnosed with COVID-19.  His step-son has know reported the doctor as told him my cousin's body is shutting down.  It's just a matter of hours before he'll be in Heaven. :(

H.L. passed away this morning, 4/27/2020.

I offer prayers for your cousin and I can vouch that the disease is very virulent.

I received a call yesterday that my brother-in-law was showing signs of the disease at 8:00 AM, but a swab showed negative.

By 10:30 he was comatose and I was allowed into the Nursing home to administer to him while I wore full PPE

I received a call this morning that he had passed away at 5:00 this morning. 

This disease, whatever it's origin, seems to be especially dangerous to we older folks, those who have had TIA's or other types of strokes, and those with compromised immune systems.

Stay safe and practice social distancing and good hygiene. 

Prayers up for you and the family.

Prayers heading up for Birdgun & Cold Lake. Our sincere condolences.

Eyesa & Ellie

O Almighty God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we pray to You for Your servant whose sickness is bringing
him to the end of his earthly life. You are the God whose only-begotten Son taught us that not even the smallest sparrow can fall without Your knowledge, and that You hold all creation in Your merciful arms. Look upon Your servant and allow this illness to be for the death only of those things which are the result of evil and sin. Let his thoughts be quieted with the peace and confidence of hisr final deliverance into the fullness of Your love. Keep his  soul and body pure, and sanctify them during the time he remains among us, that on the last day he may be raised up with all Your saints to live with You in neverending glory. For to You belong praise and worship, to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

O Lord, look upon Your servant, the work of Your hands. Take away his fear, and send Your angel to comfort
him with the strength of Your presence, even as You were comforted in Your agony. We commend everyone he loved to Your providence and care, knowing that You will do more for them than he could ever desire. O Lord, You know his sins; have mercy on him, and in Your wealth of love and compassion for mankind, let heaven be opened to him. May he see the angels rejoicing over him, an unworthy sinner, as he is received into Your Kingdom. We are not worthy of Your love for us, but  trust that You will not abandon us to the eternal death of hell.

By the prayers of Mary, Your Mother, and of all the saints, may he be counted among those who behold the light of Your face. May he offer You the praise and worship which are his eternal  life and joy. For You are his life and hisresurrection, and Your arms will receive him in love, O Jesus, and he glorifies You, with Your Father, Who is without beginning, and Your most holy, good, and life-creating Spirit, now and ever unto ages of
ages. Amen. 

20 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I offer prayers for your cousin and I can vouch that the disease is very virulent.

I received a call yesterday that my brother-in-law was showing signs of the disease at 8:00 AM, but a swab showed negative.

By 10:30 he was comatose and I was allowed into the Nursing home to administer to him while I wore full PPE

This disease, whatever it's origin, seems to be especially dangerous to we older folks, those who have had TIA's or other types of strokes, and those with compromised immune systems.

O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou, the same Lord, give rest to the soul of Thy departed servant in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. Pardon every transgression which he has committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind; because there is no man who lives yet does not sin, for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all eternity, and Thy word is truth.

For Thou are the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Thy servants who have fallen asleep, O Christ our God, and unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thy Father, who is from everlasting, and Thine all-holy, good, and life-creating Spirit, now and ever unto ages of ages. Amen

May He Who arose from the dead, Christ our true God, through the prayers of His all-pure Mother; of the holy, glorious and all laudable Apostles; of our holy and God-bearing Fathers; and of all the saints; establish the soul of His servant who has  been taken from us, in the mansion of the righteous; give him rest in Abraham’s bosom, and number him among the just; and have mercy on us, forasmuch as He is good and loves mankind.

Grant rest eternal in blessed repose, O Lord, to Thy servant who has fallen asleep, and make his memory to be eternal!

Sorry to hear you and  your family are going through this.  We had a large extended family with many cousins all over the country, but I was only close to a few that I played with as a kid.

Were you close to H. L.?  Maybe it would help to share a story if you feel like it.

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

If you need to talk my friend you know how to contact me 

Dale

2 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

MY cousin, H.L., is now dying of the Coronavirus.

H.L. originally went into the hospital over a month ago (17 Mar 20) in Sterling, Virginia, after suffering a stroke that affected most of his left side.  H.L. recovered well enough, was going through rehab therapy learning to walk again, and was doing well.  About a week ago, H.L. came down with pneumonia and soon thereafter diagnosed with COVID-19.  His step-son has know reported the doctor as told him my cousin's body is shutting down.  It's just a matter of hours before he'll be in Heaven. :(

My prayers for your family 

So sorry to hear of this. Prayers up. 

Prayers up.

Birdgun!!  I just turned on the computer for the first time this afternoon.  

Schoolmarm and I want to extend our sincerest condolences to you!!

May H.L. find peace and joy on the other side and may you receive comfort and understanding now and joy in memories as time goes on!!

4 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

If you need to talk my friend you know how to contact me 

Dale

I'll give you a call in a few minutes Dale.

Regards

Terry

Lord Father I lift this man and his family up to you.

Lord I as for you to put your cloak of protection over them.

Father I pray your will be done.

Walk with them threw this Journey. 

It's in Jesus name we pray Amen 

Archived