SASS Wire Forum

Springs -1875 Revoler

Does anybody have any extra springs laying around.Their for a 1875 outlaw revolers.I need are the lighten main springs. i've called everywhere the guy that used to make for V.T.I. passed away. Anybody knows of anybody else that makes them.Iknow you can sand them down alittle but not me I'm all thumbs.

5 hours ago, Hershey Barr, SASS #61688 said:

Does anybody have any extra springs laying around.Their for a 1875 outlaw revolers.I need are the lighten main springs. i've called everywhere the guy that used to make for V.T.I. passed away. Anybody knows of anybody else that makes them.Iknow you can sand them down alittle but not me I'm all thumbs.

I checked Wolff Springs for you and they don't seem to carry them. You're probably going to have to file down the mainspring, maybe you can find a gunsmith to do it. A friend of mine used to do it to my Colts and Uberti's before Wolff came out with the reduced power springs. 

Another idea is maybe a Colt/Clone reduced power spring could be fitted to your Remingtons. Just a thought! Good luck pard!!

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I checked Wolff Springs for you and they don't seem to carry them. You're probably going to have to file down the mainspring, maybe you can find a gunsmith to do it. A friend of mine used to do it to my Colts and Uberti's before Wolff came out with the reduced power springs. 

Another idea is maybe a Colt/Clone reduced power spring could be fitted to your Remingtons. Just a thought! Good luck pard!!

Colts won't work they are different spring

1 hour ago, WOODFOX , sass#34179 said:

Colts won't work they are different spring

Yea I know but I thought a handy dandy gunsmith might be able to modify them to fit! Just a thought!

Archived