SASS Wire Forum

Hawkeye ORiley

Snakebite

My good friend and Co-Founder of the Kings River Regulators has crossed the River. Jim Riley was one of the best. He always had a smile, and was always first to give help where he could. All that know him will miss him. Goodbye my old friend.

Snakebite

sad to hear , prayers up for him and his family , you as well , this will leave a void to be filled but leaves a lot of great memories to share in years to come 

I love his alias. Must have been a M.A.S.H. fan.

Rest in Peace

Hawkeye was rock solid on his ethics, his relationships, his faith, and his patriotism.  One very fine cowboy and gentleman who never shyed away from the truth or turned away from a person needing help or encouragement.  He shared whatever he had willingly.  I will always feel blessed to have known him, and I hope we cross paths again in friendship someday.  Until then, thank you my good friend.  RIP 

55 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

I love his alias. Must have been a M.A.S.H. fan.

Rest in Peace

Long before Mash... James Fennimore Cooper wrote about his Frontier Scout Hero, Hawkeye. The Deer Slayer and The Last of the Mohicans were two of the most popular. I pretty sure that Jim took his name from there.  

Prayers up for Hawkeye's family and friends.

Ellie & Eyesa

I first met Jim over thirty years ago, and have always considered him a good friend.  Whenever I could make it to a KRR shoot he'd be the first person I'd look for, and other times our paths crossed we'd always find time to catch up with each other.  More often than not there would be plenty of laughs shared, and some good-natured ribbing that'd leave me with a grin.  

There were some special times... and will always be remembered with smiles and warm feelings.  Jim and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Gonna miss ya, Old Timer~!  :(

Snakebite...

Sorry for your and our loss. I had the pleasure to know him. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, members of KRR, and Hawkeye's family.

RR

Thoughts & prayers for old Hawkeye & family. May he RIP.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

Archived