SASS Wire Forum

RR fans and RR modelers

My mother’s family were all railroaders, D&RGW and Sante Fe in Colorado.  I love railroads and railroaders.  My grandfather, his brothers and his son would enjoy that layout.

Thanks for the link!!

'Bout a dozen years or so ago I dated a gal who was a recently retired Trainmaster.

She declared me to be an official "foamer."  ^_^

Didn't work out, but she was sweet... and had a really cool collection of railroad artifacts!  ^_^

Very, very nice.  That layout had to take hundreds of hours to create.  He had to have made all the little tools and pieces to go along with the trains.  And, the track layout and appurtenant equipment and structures (all certainly handmade) had to have come from studying books full of photos of train yards.  Very nice.

Cat Brules

12 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

She declared me to be an official "foamer."  

Yup, been called that before. The old tower Grand Dad worked in is long gone but the foundation is still there and the old B&O and Big Four tracks are still very much in use. It became one of my favorite pre-911 train watching spots. Got to know quite a few CSX and Conrail signal maintainers. 

My train is nothing compared to that.  It's a three rail 1850s vintage Marx O-27 TOY train.  I make no effort to be realistic and anything that is the same scale and anything else is a fortuitous experience.

I can sure admire and appreciate the work that goes into something like this, though.

Thanks for the link.

Archived