SASS Wire Forum

Lost and Found

Utah Bob #35998

Yesterday, I couldn’t find my knife. Looked everywhere I could think of and no dice. :angry: I liked that little Kershaw knife.

But yesterday afternoon the mailman delivered a package. A sweet Spiderco that was on sale from Blade Headquarters that l forgot I had ordered. 

Then this morning, I found the lost Kershaw.

Call me 2 knives Bob.

No, wait. I forgot I also have my Dad’s single blade Old Timer. And I always have a Swiss Army on me, like MacGyver. 
Call me Bob 4 Knives. Or Lucky Bob

For now anyway.

:P

1DE02574-BA8E-4B34-A58B-380B55977199.jpeg

D5B98E7D-0688-4E6A-AED8-365FEF3C8971.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Just 4?:P

Here we go again.

First Toilet Paper. :o

Then Guns & Ammo. :(

Now a run on knifes! :blink:

I have long had this habit of when I finish using a knife I stick it in my pocket.

In 12th grade English one time my teacher asked me if I happened to have a pocket knife. If I did, would I fix this plug on electric wire?

I kept pulling knives out of my pocket and laying them on my desk, until my Boy Scout knife (with screwdriver blade) appeared. I'm not sure how many knives I had that day, but she told me later that I had had four lying on the desk.

I'm surprised I had room in my pockets for my lunch money.

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Just 4?:P

That’s all I got with me at present. The other 40 or so are back home.

(bayonets and swords excluded)

2 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

That’s all I got with me at present. The other 40 or so are back home.

(bayonets and swords excluded)

Much better.^_^

Since I can'f fly with one (carry on), I had a leatherman sent to my daughter so I could have one when I went to visit.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

What you need is redundancy. Lots of redundancy. 

These are my EDC knives / tools:

4D4E4031-E6D6-45D4-8818-1470B6C39F5D.thumb.jpeg.4529abfed7e8510e52e891cb506dbe38.jpeg

I carry an auto opener in Colorado. But not legal here. Must be too many West Side Story type hoodlums running about with their deadly switchblades. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I carry an auto opener in Colorado. But not legal here. Must be too many West Side Story type hoodlums running about with their deadly switchblades. :rolleyes:

Yeah, we've got that problem, too - all the knife and gun laws are written by urban politicians, who live in continual fear of being waylaid by the Jets or the Sharks.  No auto openers, no switchblades, no double edged blades - on and on for almost 400 words straight with no meaningful punctuation.  Bottom line, carry any kind of knife, and they can get you on something.

LL

31 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Yeah, we've got that problem, too - all the knife and gun laws are written by urban politicians, who live in continual fear of being waylaid by the Jets or the Sharks.  No auto openers, no switchblades, no double edged blades - on and on for almost 400 words straight with no meaningful punctuation.  Bottom line, carry any kind of knife, and they can get you on something.

LL

When I went to Boston last summer I left my regular knife entourage at home. I brought along my mini Swiss Army knife and a cheap Kershaw with a 2” blade just to make sure I was legal. 

Auto openers have been legal in Colorado since 2017 when they repealed the old prohibition of them. And amazingly, there have been no gang fights with dancing hoodlums, nor citizens mugged on dark streets by wild eyed stiletto wielding James Dean look alike teens.

I carry a Kershaw Silver Spur II that I bought in 1989.   It needs new scales, so one of these days I'll get around to seeing if they can accommodate me.

I also have a tiny Gerber folder that I've had nearly that long and a Schrade three blade folder that I found on a baseball diamond on Okinawa in 1967.

Lots of other knives around here but those three are almost always with me.

Maybe a “Bob Naming Contest” is in order. :huh: ?

Cat Brules

Have bought too many knives during this lockdown.  The "thrill" of ordering a knife, tracking the shipment and, recieving the package is addictive. 

I'll have to try forgetting that I have ordered one some day.  That sounds fun.  Aaaaaaah...

11 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Lucky Utah Bob has a nice ring to it.

Well, I’m running 1:3 good to bad luck ratio for the year right now unfortunately. :angry:

“Or suppose a man has several knives and loses one. Doesn’t he light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully in every pocket until he finds it? And when he finds it, he calls his friends and neighbors together online and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost knife.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Apologies to St. Luke....

Usually my wife finds my lost stuff. :lol:

29 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

I usually dont find my lost stuff until I have ordered a new one...

Yeah, that’s why I have two identical Swiss Army knives.  :mellow:

On 4/24/2020 at 5:41 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Auto openers have been legal in Colorado since 2017 when they repealed the old prohibition of them. And amazingly, there have been no gang fights with dancing hoodlums, nor citizens mugged on dark streets by wild eyed stiletto wielding James Dean look alike teens.

Yes, but the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of Colorado is Officer Krupke.......so that explains it.

17 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Yes, but the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of Colorado is Officer Krupke.......so that explains it.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/its-now-legal-to-carry-a-switchblade-in-colorado/463260784

10 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I want to be in America.........

Okay by me in America.........

Everything's free in America.....

For a small fee in America.

Archived