SASS Wire Forum

FS Pietta Alchimista III 357 4 3/4 NIB SOLD pending gold shipment

Happy Appy

Initial reaction is WOW   Alissandro Peitta took a page out of history books and reintroduced the 1873, paired with the 1860 army grip frame.  He added a competition trigger that is wider and set back allowing for larger finger in trigger guard, with lower wider hammer.  Case hardened frame with brass back strap and added distinctive octagon blue barrel.  Lazer grips Guns are NIB never been fired action work already done and slick as u would want ready out of the box.   357 cal  $1350 + shipping  to your FFL   

22E3AE39-D135-43CA-A709-412DA90E990B.jpeg

412F2608-639A-4509-8273-D2F02FFC6E20.jpeg

AC0A9C95-EC11-427C-B412-970172A2C46B.jpeg

73F9883C-C3C2-40C0-A1AE-B5689FE8B7C1.jpeg

3C878877-D8D2-4DDF-A7C7-72BB7188B458.jpeg

F6C41C85-E583-42DF-A111-6606C763E241.jpeg

8 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

You need to buy those T so I can try them out and see if I’d like a pair:rolleyes:

1. Sure, loan me $1425.

2. If they had Navy grips I'd be more likely to consider it. ;)

19 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

1. Sure, loan me $1425.

2. If they had Navy grips I'd be more likely to consider it. ;)

The army grips are what intrigues me

On 4/24/2020 at 9:52 AM, doc roy l. pain said:

The army grips are what intrigues me

I’ve got a pair of Cimarron eliminator’s “pretty much the same gun” . And the grip is the primary reason I got them 

Bob  Pietta makes the two guns and the only change is Mike Harvey has the lazer done different on his and charges what ever he wants for his.  Just like Taylor and Uberti are the same gun and Chimarron too.  They are all Uberti

20 minutes ago, Happy Appy said:

Bob  Pietta makes the two guns and the only change is Mike Harvey has the lazer done different on his and charges what ever he wants for his.  Just like Taylor and Uberti are the same gun and Chimarron too.  They are all Uberti

I saw that when I was looking at them . I wanted to try the short stroke hammers so I got the Cimarron’s . Although I do like the look of the brass trigger guard you have .

i think the Pietta’s are probably going to become more popular since Uberti is switching all of their guns over to the floating FP.

i know that’s kinda what turned me off to them because they also sell a model with the 1860 grip frame 

9 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I saw that when I was looking at them . I wanted to try the short stroke hammers so I got the Cimarron’s . Although I do like the look of the brass trigger guard you have .

i think the Pietta’s are probably going to become more popular since Uberti is switching all of their guns over to the floating FP.

i know that’s kinda what turned me off to them because they also sell a model with the 1860 grip frame 

I have heard from good source that Pietta may be doing away with some of their models because they make so many different one and these may be going to be cut.  I luv the guns and they already make a ! and 2 model of this gun.  The thing that I really like about mine is the barrel.  It is neat.  They really do a great job on the action.  They don't have to have more money spent on them to get on the range.

On 4/28/2020 at 7:30 AM, Buckshot Bob said:

Bob these have the 1860 grips that is what I luv about them plus the octagon barrel

On 4/28/2020 at 7:30 AM, Buckshot Bob said:

What cal are your guns?

U like the brass?  Well what would u give me and trade guns.  These are NIB never been fired

These are too close to what I already have , my next set will probably be 45’s or a set a vaquero’s , but I’d definitely have to do something about the Ruger grips , I hate it when my pinkie wraps under the grip 

9 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

These are too close to what I already have , my next set will probably be 45’s or a set a vaquero’s , but I’d definitely have to do something about the Ruger grips , I hate it when my pinkie wraps under the grip 

They are the same gun just done a little different for Mike Harvey.  If u change to Ruger there isn't anything u can do about the grips they are navy.  I'm like u about the pinkie hangs off because of my hand size.

31 minutes ago, Happy Appy said:

They are the same gun just done a little different for Mike Harvey.  If u change to Ruger there isn't anything u can do about the grips they are navy.  I'm like u about the pinkie hangs off because of my hand size.

I found a grip maker that makes oversized grips for the Ruger and I’ve been told a black hawk frame will fit on the vaquero. I had a Bisley grip gun once but just never liked it . Luckily the 1860 has always felt good to me    

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I found a grip maker that makes oversized grips for the Ruger and I’ve been told a black hawk frame will fit on the vaquero. I had a Bisley grip gun once but just never liked it . Luckily the 1860 has always felt good to me    

I have the 1860 frame on my 1872 also.  Luv the army grips that is why the Pietta suits me fine.  Mike Harvey is changing over to Pietta since he use to handle nothing but Uberti just has Cimarron on the guns he imports from them.

5 minutes ago, Happy Appy said:

I have the 1860 frame on my 1872 also.  Luv the army grips that is why the Pietta suits me fine.  Mike Harvey is changing over to Pietta since he use to handle nothing but Uberti just has Cimarron on the guns he imports from them.

Do you think he is going to Pietta’s because of the fp safety? Or did they just cut him a better deal . Taylor’s seems big on Umberti.

19 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Do you think he is going to Pietta’s because of the fp safety? Or did they just cut him a better deal . Taylor’s seems big on Umberti.

With all the old gunsmiths retiring he thought the new men didn't do as good and let their work slip a little and that Peitta builds a fine gun anyway and have done it for a long time.  This is just what I was tol;d.  Uberti is a good gun just like Bill Ruger builds a good gun.  Colt has a great gun also if u want to pay for the name.  Even Rossi builds a nice gun  in a rifle and shot gun that most people can afford.  Look at SKB and Browning they are two of the top shoot guns but at a price.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived