SASS Wire Forum

Halbek Device

Sedalia Dave

That was actually confusing, in that I saw no muzzle climb without the device, but I did see the rifle “climb” downward with the device installed.

I noticed the narrator’s rather lazy safety handling of the rifle.  I wouldn't want to be around him with a weapon in his hands.

Cat abrules 

You do realize that he is using a remote camera setup and he is alone. I doubt that he will be able to hurt you through the computer even if he tried 

6 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

You do realize that he is using a remote camera setup and he is alone. I doubt that he will be able to hurt you through the computer even if he tried 

ha ha, yuk yuk.......  Even IF he was alone with a remote camera, doesn’t make careless gun handling acceptable.  He sends a message with the video.  HTH, don’t smart mouth me, deriding my intelligence.  if you find his firearms handling acceptable, well, all I will say right now is I don’t.  

Cat Brules

On that particular gun I wouldn’t bother with that device. Interesting concept. I would bet that works great on an AR or even an M1A. 

6 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

That was actually confusing, in that I saw no muzzle climb without the device, but I did see the rifle “climb” downward with the device installed.

I noticed the narrator’s rather lazy safety handling of the rifle.  I wouldn't want to be around him with a weapon in his hands.

Cat abrules 

You pretty much saw what he described, that it pushed the firearm downward.

I didn't see anything I would consider "lazy safety handling." The muzzle end of the barrel was always downrange and he appeared to maintain control of the firearm through the presentation prior to firing. While his charging of the firearm and clearing it were awkward due to the fact that he is clearly left-handed, I can't say it appeared to be unsafe at any point. Perhaps you saw something I missed, but I watched the video with your comments about safety in mind.

6 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Cat abrules 

What exactly was this lazy safety handling you are talking about?  I watched the video and he kept the rifle pointed down range the whole time

I didn't notice any "lazy" handling. What I did notice is the barrel distortion or bending during firing with the device on. The rifle seemed to climb down more with the device on than it did climb up with the device off. I think that I would opt for no device.

I also did not see any safety issues, but was amazed at how much the barrel flexed at the fore stock.

I wondered how the rifle would have done if he had been shooting from the hip.

I also wonder how it would have performed in the hands of underage conscripts that are common in conflicts in that part of the world.

7 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

ha ha, yuk yuk.......  Even IF he was alone with a remote camera, doesn’t make careless gun handling acceptable.  He sends a message with the video.  HTH, don’t smart mouth me, deriding my intelligence.  if you find his firearms handling acceptable, well, all I will say right now is I don’t.  

Cat Brules

And what exactly did you in your opinion find sloppy or unsafe? From the other posts no one else seems to see anything that unsafe. Please enlighten us. I’ll shoot with him anytime 

Not unsafe usage. I observed the gun to go up without, and downward with the device on. More downward than upward force. I'd shoot with him anytime unlike some people.

I don't have the time to comb Youtube for these videos, but love it when you share them.  Gives me an opportunity to watch the videos that interest me.  Thanks for sahring.

Well a miss low is better than a miss high I reckon. I recall an account of a Union infantry company being told by their 1st Sgt to aim at the feet of the enemy troops. As a veteran, he knew green troops almost always fired high under the stress of combat.

Personally, I really liked the M-14 and hated the transition to the Mattel Toy.  That device could have a real home on the M-14 under full auto.  The m-14 was a real bear running on Rock-n-Roll.

I didn't see any unsafe gun handling.  Thought he did quite well.

Archived