SASS Wire Forum

Rotsa Ruck

J-BAR #18287

I don’t know whether to be proud or embarrassed that Missouri is the first state to sue China for coronavirus damages.

I’ll let y’all know later.

B)

I’m proud.  Every state individually should do the same, along with every family who lost a loved one.

Cat Brules

Just now, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Well, FWIW I guess the suit is in order, but should you folks win, how will you collect damages?

As Scarlett said, I’ll worry about that tomorrow!

:D

29 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Well, FWIW I guess the suit is in order, but should you folks win, how will you collect damages?

I think the federal government -- which is $22 TRILLION in debt (that's a thousand billion, and a billion is a thousand million) -- should declare all Chinese debt null and void.  Boom.  China owns the majority of our debt, so I just recouped our losses and solved the national debt.  

Of course they may go to war over that, but I have a feeling the world would be on our side. 

5 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I think the federal government -- which is $22 TRILLION in debt (that's a thousand billion, and a billion is a thousand million) -- should declare all Chinese debt null and void.  Boom.  China owns the majority of our debt, so I just recouped our losses and solved the national debt.  

Of course they may go to war over that, but I have a feeling the world would be on our side. 

They paid us for it, I suppose. So we should steal what they own?

Every one of the jillions of American dollars that have gone to China has gone from us voluntarily to buy what they have produced. Those dollars are the same as the ones in my pocket, and just as good as the ones in my pocket. If theirs aren't good, mine aren't either.

5 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

They paid us for it, I suppose. So we should steal what they own?

Every one of the jillions of American dollars that have gone to China has gone from us voluntarily to buy what they have produced. Those dollars are the same as the ones in my pocket, and just as good as the ones in my pocket. If theirs aren't good, mine aren't either.

You're talking about  a trade deficit.  I'm talking about the national debt.  Those are entirely two different animals.  A trade deficit is the fact we import more Chinese goods than we export in goods to China.  This doesn't impact the government one iota.  It's purely a business decision that reflects some poor choices for our economy's long-term health, but it is not a governmental matter.

The national debt is when the federal government BORROWS MONEY AT INTEREST to buy whatever the federal government spends money on -- the military, foreign aid to other countries (yes, we are borrowing money from China to give to other countries, and then paying interest on it), federal welfare programs, the FBI, every "Department of something-or-other," and every other federal expenditure imaginable.  The $22 trillion debt is borrowed almost entirely from China -- we may borrow from someone else, but then China buys the loan for the sole purpose of owning our debt.  They literally own the vast majority of our national debt, and we should wipe the ledger clean.  

Suing China. Thats just funny. who's going to hear the case? If there is a ruling and they determine China owes money does anyone think China will do anything but laugh and walk away? Sir we are here to arrest China for failure to comply. (*^*&*(&T)WYQ)(*QYS_, my Chinese for go away you so stupid.

I ain't signing anything till I see my cut!!

Maybe we'll win half of nutten. That's a lot of nutten in my book.

I can see the ambulance chaser TV commercials already:

"If you or a loved one experienced loss or death from the Chinese corons virus call Sueem, Screwem and Jerkowitz at 1-800-SUE-PRC1, today.  Non-attorney spokesperson."

3 hours ago, Joke 'um said:

I can see the ambulance chaser TV commercials already:

"If you or a loved one experienced loss or death from the Chinese corons virus call Sueem, Screwem and Jerkowitz at 1-800-SUE-PRC1, today.  Non-attorney spokesperson."

You forgot the part about, " YOU COULD BE ENTITLED TO A SUFFICANT SETTLEMENT"

17 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Why? Do you borrow money and then don't pay it back? Did we agree to pay it back when we borrowed it? Would we have been lent it if we hadn't promised to pay it back?

Different points of view, I reckon....

They literally owe use trillions of dollars for the economic damage they have done to us and the world.  So in my reckoning, their damage to us equals the amount we owe them.  Wipe the ledger clean and tell them to P&&& up a rope.  

18 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Suing China. Thats just funny. who's going to hear the case?

I'm sure the W.H.O. would be more than happy to handle any disputes. :D

59 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

They literally owe use trillions of dollars for the economic damage they have done to us and the world.  So in my reckoning, their damage to us equals the amount we owe them.  Wipe the ledger clean and tell them to P&&& up a rope.  

I agree with you 100% CC. China has been screwing with the whole world in their quest to be the world superpower. They need to be made to suffer for the damages they have caused, and I believe most of the world would back us.

Archived