SASS Wire Forum

Face Mask Shaming

Yul Lose

I went to town today to HEB, Sam's and a couple places. I wore a mask mostly because a dear friend made it for me, Texas Longhorn logos on the outside and even has a burnt orange lining. Medically speaking they are pretty much a joke. I do glove up when going into a store most times, but that's another subject.

Sus amigo,

JHC

On 4/23/2020 at 1:46 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Judges do not make laws. Someone should be putting a boot in his  arse.

A lot of them think they do, but that's a subject for another thread.

JHC

I am neither judge nor lawyer but I have played one on occasion and I have driven past a Holiday Inn Express.

for a “mask” to be required, a minimum standard mask must be defined, such a mask must be reasonably available to the general public.

as I recall, Vermont passed a helmet law for motorcyclists. It was determined that wearing a bandana over ones head met the requirement of the law.

Face mask shaming could be injurious to the shamers nose.  :angry:

Face mask "shaming" could be injurious to the shamer's nose.

Face mask "shaming" could be injurious to the shamer's nose.:D

6 minutes ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

Face mask "shaming" could be injurious to the shamer's nose.:D

I don’t think it’s shaming. I think it’s bullying. Aren’t there laws and statutes against that?

Farthest North rural Idaho sure ain't Kalifornia. What's tolerated elsewhere isn't accepted here .

Just about everyone here is a veteran. Some have hunkered down and quite a few suffer from PSD. We live here to be alone.

A Kalifornian moved here near me and first thing tried to shut down my range. He found that he was in Idaho and couldn't do that. Others have liked the area and the low prices. Most tell us that they'd like to make quite a few changes. Unlike other areas, we do not tolerate such liberal fools lightly.

Another bought a business in town and let everyone know that he didn't like some of our customs and wanted to change them. No one that I know will do any business with him.

Laws and statutes don't do it for me.

Very few Idaho authorities will arrest an octogenarian with family roots to the 1870s with a mountain and creeks named afer my family!!!

Our fearless governor here in Ohio, said that reopening businesses on May 12 will require employees AND customers to wear a mask. He go so much flak that OVERNIGHT he changed the order to "highly suggesting" customers wear masks and admitted that he got so much pushback that he changed it!

I patted myself on the back because I was one of thousands who emailed him and gave him a piece of my mind!  Ya gotta love Americans!!:FlagAm:

On 4/30/2020 at 1:42 AM, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

. The qualification for a county judge in Texas is basically if you have a pulse and get elected.

JHC

Come on, Capt, I think you're being overly harsh.

At some time in the long history of Texas, I'm sure that a dead man was elected county judge.:P

Put yourself in my shoes.... I have had serious acid reflux for 15 years and it has done a number on my throat.  I cough a lot and always have to clear my throat because of it.  It drives my GF crazy but I can't help it.  What will be like for me in public after this mess??  I don't have virus, just clearing throat!

3 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Come on, Capt, I think you're being overly harsh.

At some time in the long history of Texas, I'm sure that a dead man was elected county judge.:P

I expect you are right. Also expect it was a Demoncrat.

JHC :lol:

Archived