SASS Wire Forum

Face Mask Shaming

Yul Lose

I don’t go into town much but this morning I had to make a trip to my favorite hardwood lumberyard. They have signs posted at the entry that you must use their hand sanitizer before you enter the lumberyard and that’s it. I used the hand sanitizer and got my lumber cart and entered the store and another customer, who had just checked out told me to put a mask on. I make it a habit to wear one of my cowboy bandanas tied around my neck with the knot in the front just for these occasions. I said “ I'm wearing a mask” and he said “No you’re not”. I tugged on my mask and told him that this was indeed my mask and that that was as good as it’s going to get. He then told me that I was breaking the law by not wearing a mask. I told him that there is no such law AND that I was wearing a mask. He called a name and continued out of the store. This is tame compared to things some others have had to go through out here that choose not to wear a mask.

Yeah, I tell them to go screw themselves and go about my business. 
I wear a face covering if required by the business I enter, but there are self appointed dipsticks here too that just cannot mind their own business. 

Nanny state creating tattle-tales and over-achieving self appointed behavior police at a rapid pace.

I cannot wait to see what idiots and morons and leftist do-gooders are up to in another month.

Fortunately, no one has mouthed off to my wife or to me.  

CB

49 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Same here. No idea what’s magical about an extension of a few days. 

No idea?  Sure you do!  There’s money, in some way, shape, or form, involved in that short extension.....bet you a dollar.

Cat Brules

5 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I don’t go into town much but this morning I had to make a trip to my favorite hardwood lumberyard. They have signs posted at the entry that you must use their hand sanitizer before you enter the lumberyard and that’s it. I used the hand sanitizer and got my lumber cart and entered the store and another customer, who had just checked out told me to put a mask on. I make it a habit to wear one of my cowboy bandanas tied around my neck with the knot in the front just for these occasions. I said “ I'm wearing a mask” and he said “No you’re not”. I tugged on my mask and told him that this was indeed my mask and that that was as good as it’s going to get. He then told me that I was breaking the law by not wearing a mask. I told him that there is no such law AND that I was wearing a mask. He called a name and continued out of the store. This is tame compared to things some others have had to go through out here that choose not to wear a mask.

Another reason I open carry. It generally keeps the nosey azzholes minding their own business, thus keeping me from stomping someone eyeballs out of their head. Keeps me outta jail.

Harris County, TX (Houston area) is now REQUIRING everyone to wear a mask or face fines of up to $1,000 and jail time starting next Monday.

Pretty wacky ordinance.

i suppose you could wear a mask around your groin and be in compliance.

CB

On 4/23/2020 at 3:41 AM, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

Harris County, TX (Houston area) is now REQUIRING everyone to wear a mask or face fines of up to $1,000 and jail time starting next Monday.

So put me in jail.  Explain to me how that's bad thing right now.  They have to feed me, provide ways that keep me clean, and clothe me....and I'll bet they  have plenty of toilet paper and soap, paper towels and other essentials.  They likely have plenty of decent entertainment at hand, too...like a well stocked library, tv and radio access, and other stuff.

A fine?  I have no idea where I'd get the money to pay a fine.  Put a lien on my house and I'll die before they can collect.  I'm old, you know.

8 hours ago, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

I'd say it's time to get that judge unseated.  I know it's a stupid concept but judges should be applying the laws, not writing them.

She is NOT a court judge. She is the elected County Judge that beat out long-time County Judge Emmett due to straight ticket voting. Judge Elliot was a GREAT county judge and handled the major crisis during Hurricane Harvey. I'm quite sure he is glad he isn't in charge anymore as he now has several other jobs that probably require fewer hours, pay way more than his elected position, and have a whole lot less stress. Unfortunately, she probably will get re-elected just like Mayor Sylvester Turner, and Sheila Jackson Lee.  I moved out of Houston/Harris County to get away from those Dumborats. 

She tried to release prisoners from the county jail (several were actually freed and then re-arrested) before a real judge stopped that fiasco.

16 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Another reason I open carry. It generally keeps the nosey azzholes minding their own business, thus keeping me from stomping someone eyeballs out of their head. Keeps me outta jail.

Yeah, but you miss out on the pleasure of giving some officious ahole a well deserved beating!  I suggest you only carry every other day.  That way you get the best of both worlds.

9 hours ago, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

Easy work around.  Just murder someone and they'll let you out for $10.  As long as you don't murder them by coughing on them. 

58 minutes ago, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

She is NOT a court judge. She is the elected County Judge that beat out long-time County Judge Elliot due to straight ticket voting. Judge Elliot was a GREAT county judge and handled the major crisis during Hurricane Harvey.

Ed Emmett.  It's a weird name. 

This is likely to be over before too long. Then again, the mainstream mis-leaders are working OT to convince the masses that the second wave is coming and that right soon...along with food shortages, locusts, fire, brimstone and other assorted maladies. Someone sure wants this to go on and on and on and on and......LOL.

I have not yet been troubled by these self-important busybodies. Perhaps its my demeanor. I do block a lot of sun, I tend to wear items which denote my military service so perhaps that's it. Unfortunate, as I have some well-practiced lines I'm dying to try out on'em:lol:

Last week I was in the grocery and noted that most people seemed a bit edgy. Scared, even. Quite a few were waering masks, some even had them adjusted properly. Some. At the Home Depot, there was an entirely different crowd. It was pretty busy, as a matter of fact. No scaredy-cats there, everyone moving with a purpose and mostly, unmasked. People were working just as hard as the grocery bunch to be considerate and polite and keeping their distance.

Today the wife and I decided to take one of the trucks for a ride, stopped to top off the tank on the way home and picked up some groceries. About half of the people I saw were masked, some wearing gloves only and no one bothered me. Maybe because I was wearing my Trump hat.:D I did note however that the novelty of all of this is wearing thin. What a difference a week makes.... People were well mannered as ever but I sensed a certain...attitude. I don't think people are going to put up with much more nonsense. At least, that's my take.

What I found interesting on our grocery shopping expedition last Sunday was that while I was waiting at the pickup to load my mom in law's groceries  several couples came out of the store, put their groceries in the car and left. One of each couple was wearing a mask. If one of you is immune compromised, shouldn't both of you be wearing masks?

6 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Hadn't heard before of that Texas "County Judge" institution. Sounds more like a county executive or administrator than a judge as usually understood.

Like the mayor of the county.  Every state seems to have their own weird thing.  I get a good laugh out of Louisiana.  They have parishes instead of counties, and their parish govt is a police jury. 

19 hours ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

This is likely to be over before too long. Then again, the mainstream mis-leaders are working OT to convince the masses that the second wave is coming and that right soon...along with food shortages, locusts, fire, brimstone and other assorted maladies. Someone sure wants this to go on and on and on and on and......LOL.

I have not yet been troubled by these self-important busybodies. Perhaps its my demeanor. I do block a lot of sun, I tend to wear items which denote my military service so perhaps that's it. Unfortunate, as I have some well-practiced lines I'm dying to try out on'em:lol:

Last week I was in the grocery and noted that most people seemed a bit edgy. Scared, even. Quite a few were waering masks, some even had them adjusted properly. Some. At the Home Depot, there was an entirely different crowd. It was pretty busy, as a matter of fact. No scaredy-cats there, everyone moving with a purpose and mostly, unmasked. People were working just as hard as the grocery bunch to be considerate and polite and keeping their distance.

Today the wife and I decided to take one of the trucks for a ride, stopped to top off the tank on the way home and picked up some groceries. About half of the people I saw were masked, some wearing gloves only and no one bothered me. Maybe because I was wearing my Trump hat.:D I did note however that the novelty of all of this is wearing thin. What a difference a week makes.... People were well mannered as ever but I sensed a certain...attitude. I don't think people are going to put up with much more nonsense. At least, that's my take.

Zombies!!!  You forgot zombies........and critters like Godzilla.  Oh woe, oh woe, we are doomed.

I went to town, Jackson CA, today because I wanted to make Gluten Free brownies for Hubby/Bullet Boy/Gun Boy's Birthday (No. 75). So, I did some much needed shopping at Walmart. Although I saw no Walmartians, I saw many without masks. Ditto Safeway. Not so much our local IGA grocery.

The most pleasant conversation I had today was at Walmart with a non-mask wearer. She was very sweet. We talked gardening as her cart was full of plants. She had a plethora of tats and tears in her jeans. I had none and wore a mask. Moral of the story, if you treat people nice they will reciprocate. :wub: 

Michigan just got extended to Mid-May, but with several lawsuits looming, our Governor relented and has eased up on many of the restrictions.

39 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I went to town, Jackson CA, today because I wanted to make Gluten Free brownies for Hubby/Bullet Boy/Gun Boy's Birthday (No. 75). So, I did some much needed shopping at Walmart. Although I saw no Walmartians, I saw many without masks. Ditto Safeway. Not so much our local IGA grocery.

The most pleasant conversation I had today was at Walmart with a non-mask wearer. She was very sweet. We talked gardening as her cart was full of plants. She had a plethora of tats and tears in her jeans. I had none and wore a mask. Moral of the story, if you treat people nice they will reciprocate. :wub: 

Happy Birthday to Hubby/Bullet Boy

Isn't it amazing how folks think a simple cloth mask can protect them from a virus when it has been proven that a sudden rapid expulsion of intestinal gas can seep right through both a layer of cloth underware and a pair of heavy denim jeans?

If you want to wear a mask, go ahead.

If you don’t, then don’t.

If you are going into surgery and the O.R. staff is not masked, you have a complaint

On 4/24/2020 at 1:13 PM, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Hadn't heard before of that Texas "County Judge" institution. Sounds more like a county executive or administrator than a judge as usually understood.

Sadly enough, Texas has not been immune to this madness. Esp. when in comes to Demoncrats running the big cities. Smaller counties have jumped on the bandwagon too. The qualification for a county judge in Texas is basically if you have a pulse and get elected. A lot of 'em have gotten way too big for their britches lately.

JHC

Archived