SASS Wire Forum

Considering move to Florida

1 minute ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Been hearing that for 20 years; somehow, it never happens....:D

LL

He hasn't had TB's offensive line for 20 years either.:o

You've obviously not watched Tampa Bay's offensive line!! :o :lol:

Just heard about Gronk’s move. Looks like the band is getting back together. 

I’m not a big Patriots fan, especially Belichek. But Brady and Gronk always seemed like ok guys, and masters of the game. I’d love to see a Tampa Bay Super Bowl win before they retire. 

18 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Just heard about Gronk’s move. Looks like the band is getting back together. 

I’m not a big Patriots fan, especially Belichek. But Brady and Gronk always seemed like ok guys, and masters of the game. I’d love to see a Tampa Bay Super Bowl win before they retire

Charlie,

Brady and Gronk, or Tampa Bay? :P

After 50+ years living in Florida I can say this:
It rains in Tampa all summer. Sometimes with hurricanes.
Florida is the lightning capital of the US.
The heat and humidity has killed thousands of people who moved from north of the Mason-Dixon Line. But millions more keep flooding in.

Everything up north is better. Just ask any snowbird.

The state bird is the mosquito.

Every house is issued a mandatory minimum of cockroaches. Some call em Palmetto Bugs cause it sounds nicer.

There’s a lawyer on every street corner.

Gun laws are good though, and alligators generally are not very aggressive, unless you’re in the water. ;)

1 minute ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Chiefs tried a similar strategy in '93 with Joe Montana and Marcus Allen. Results were somewhat improved, but short lived.

And the Broncos.

One more Super Bowl and Brady and Gronk will retire.

7 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

And the Broncos.

I'd be satisfied with one.  You hate to see high end players degrade because they hung in too long.  But one last hurrah would be grand!

LL

18 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The heat and humidity has killed thousands of people who moved from north of the Mason-Dixon Line. But millions more keep flooding in.

Every house is issued a mandatory minimum of cockroaches. Some call em Palmetto Bugs cause it sounds nicer.

Gun laws are good though, and alligators generally are not very aggressive, unless you’re in the water. ;)

And............. the "snow caps" they talk about on the roadways are the ones behind the wheel........

41 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Somehow, I think Tom will have folks to handle the Palmetto bugs, the mosquitoes  and any other pests...he's living in Derek Jeter's place....

3CVMTCOL7JCT5AHBVHIYXSE624.jpg

Last time I drove by there, Jeter was living in it. Real nice spread. Been by it in a boat also. The view from the 2nd story must be a great view.

It'll be interesting to see if Brady and Gronk can do it without Belichik!:o

Oh, a couple of other things about Jeter's house @ 58 Bahama Cir, Tampa, Fl 33606, it's a real pain in the ass to get on or off the island because you have to go through downtown Tampa unless you have a small plane/helicopter at the little airport on the island. The is also one of the biggest on the island. If you do an aerial view, you'll see what I mean.

At least Brady and Gronkowski will give the Buc's fans hope for a playoff team, something that they have had for a while. I'm not a Bucs fan, I'm a Dolphins fan........there's no hope.

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I'd be satisfied with one.  You hate to see high end players degrade because they hung in too long.  But one last hurrah would be grand!

LL

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

And the Broncos.

Watching Peyton Manning’s last Super Bowl was one of the longest three hours of my life. He’d already cemented himself as one of the GOATs, and his drive wanted just one more shot, but it was painful to watch his body just not be able to perform. 

But I am convinced his character and leadership helped lift the whole team, especially the defense, to another level, and they brought home the Lombardi. 

That’s what I predict (and hope) for Tampa Bay. A Super Bowl within three seasons, followed by retirement for the greatest pitch/catch duo of all time. 

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Poor folks have cockroaches. Rich folks have Palmetto bugs. I moved away from Florida decades ago and don't ever need to return unless it's getting on a cruise ship.

I was only in Florida once, on a business trip 30 years ago. The business was in Orlando, nicely central, so I took a couple extra days. Went to Tampa and St. Pete one day and enjoyed it. Many large pelicans, and interesting cigar places. Went to St. Augustine the next day and thought it was a beautiful place. 

Coming back, I swam in the Atlantic at a state park just to see how warm it was and it was warm.

It rained a couple of times while I was driving. The rain had nowhere to go, and the roadway suddenly was in deep water, so I had to pull off for awhile. There seemed to be no actual hills. 

I like the Travis McGee books. 

It was nice down there but I haven't been motivated to go back. But then, I'm on the west coast...

What's the deal with Brady? First, he's trespassing at a closed park and today he's home invading? :lol:

Just kidding, he walked in the wrong house today while visiting his offensive  coordinator......lucky he didn't get shot, this is Florida.

On 4/22/2020 at 1:56 PM, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I was only in Florida once, on a business trip 30 years ago. The business was in Orlando, nicely central, so I took a couple extra days. Went to Tampa and St. Pete one day and enjoyed it. Many large pelicans, and interesting cigar places. Went to St. Augustine the next day and thought it was a beautiful place. 

Coming back, I swam in the Atlantic at a state park just to see how warm it was and it was warm.

It rained a couple of times while I was driving. The rain had nowhere to go, and the roadway suddenly was in deep water, so I had to pull off for awhile. There seemed to be no actual hills. 

I like the Travis McGee books. 

It was nice down there but I haven't been motivated to go back. But then, I'm on the west coast...

It’s significantly different now than 30 years ago. Hell, even 15 years ago, especially in the overpopulated urban areas. Not my cup o tea. Alas it was a very cool place when I was a youngster. There are some hidden gems but you have to know where to go. Traffic in Tampa, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, etc is bad.

You can hear a Palmetto bug walk on a Terra Cotta floor at night. Horrifying to a New Englander!

Spent 10 days camping at the state park in St. Augustine back in January.  Did you know that St. Augustine is Spanish for No Parking?  Lots of things to do and see in Florida.  Pretty good seafood restaurants too.  Nice place to visit in the winter time.  Too hot and humid in the summer.   If I want hot and humid, I'll stay home. 

Archived