SASS Wire Forum

No Ammo

Subdeacon Joe

A little bit of metric and folks loose their minds.  

To extend to calling 7.62 and .223 pistol ammo.

54 minutes ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

A little bit of metric and folks loose their minds.  

To extend to calling 7.62 and .223 pistol ammo.

No, the morons don’t want to sell ammo that is used in evil assault weapons but put it under the handgun umbrella because deep down they are capitalist leftist buttheads that still want American country boys to keep buying ammo from them. 

Screw ‘em!

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

No, the morons don’t want to sell ammo that is used in evil assault weapons but put it under the handgun umbrella because deep down they are capitalist leftist buttheads that still want American country boys to keep buying ammo from them. 

Screw ‘em!

Y’know Pat...

I read a lot of your posts, and the problem I see with you is that you never say what’s on your mind.
C’mon- let it all out. You’ll feel so much better for it.

WWB

I haven't been in the sporting goods section of Wally World since their idiotic decision.  If SWMBO wasn't a Walmartian, I'd never go there again.  

46 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

The two in this area usually don't have jack for ammo anyway. Shotshells during hunting season.....if you're lucky.

JHC

Really depended on the store.  In Salida co the Walmart actually carried reloading supplies, bullets, powder, and primers.  Have not been in since they changed policies to see if they still do.  

7 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

Really depended on the store.  In Salida co the Walmart actually carried reloading supplies, bullets, powder, and primers.  Have not been in since they changed policies to see if they still do.  

If they don't,  there is one heck of a good gun store in Salida now. Also, the hardware store across the street from the gun store is well stocked with good stuff.

There may be a silver lining to all of this big box nonsense.  If they keep dumping their guns and ammo departments, maybe some local gun stores can make money again, rather than being forced to match their priced-below-cost ammo and "special discount" gun prices.  And there may be an opening for a few new local gun stores to open. 

I've been in a Walmart once in my life; didn't care for it.  Haven't been back.

LL

We have a big Wal-mart near me, and across the street is a Bass Pro. Both are pretty useless to me. Been in the Wal-Mart 4 times, twice to pick up something I ordered online, and the other 2 times to look for something I needed but they didn't have, so I left.

14 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

I haven't been in the sporting goods section of Wally World since their idiotic decision.  If SWMBO wasn't a Walmartian, I'd never go there again.  

You haven't missed anything!

3 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

We have a big Wal-mart near me, and across the street is a Bass Pro. Both are pretty useless to me. Been in the Wal-Mart 4 times, twice to pick up something I ordered online, and the other 2 times to look for something I needed but they didn't have, so I left.

I online order Winchester low recoil ammo from Bass Pro and pick it up at customer service desk.

I get my hunting license from here too.

Other than that...... Nothing....

Oh wait.... I occasionally buy some salt water taffy.

20 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

If they don't,  there is one heck of a good gun store in Salida now. Also, the hardware store across the street from the gun store is well stocked with good stuff.

Hardware stores and gun stores. :D

WalMart decided that they don't need me to be their customer. I find that I don't need them. BassProShops/Cabela's is a wonderful company but I can't afford their prices.

I just go to Buffalo Arms and the myriad of other gun shops in my part of Idaho.

As an old, retired investment banker. I keep track of my corporate friends and, especially, my foes. I have a list of entities that support gun control and crap on the NRA. I simply buy elsewhere.

That makes me feel good!!!:D

Archived