SASS Wire Forum

Mail in match # 2 TMM.

Purly SASS # 57438

Since we still can't go to a match let's try this again. Shoot this week. Send scores by Saturday evening. 

Three tables, center table 48 inches wide, tables spaced 36 inches between tables.
Targets. Pistol targets 16"×16". Placed 16' from back of left table. Rifle, I am useing cowboy targets placed 36' from back of center table.  Shotgun. 4 knock down placed 24' from back of table shot from. 

Stage 1.
Targets.  3 rifle, 3 pistol, 4 kd.
Staging. Pistols holstered, shot from left table. Rifle staged on center table. Shotgun staged on  center or right table. 
Gun order pistols or shotgun first. 
ATB.  Pistols, double tap center target then sweep the three targets and repeat.
Rifle from center table repeat pistol instructions. Shotgun, 2 kd from center table and 2 kd from right table. 

Stage 2
Targets. 3 rifle, 3 pistol, 4 kd.
Staging. Pistols holstered, shot from left table. Rifle staged on center table.  Shotgun in hand at right table. 
ATB. Shotgun first, both hands on shotgun, engage 4 kd anywhere from right table to center table. Rifle, engage targets with a 2-3-5 sweep. Pistols from left table repeat rifle instructions. 

Stage 3
Targets.  3 rifle, 3 pistol, 4 kd
Staging.  Pistols staged on left table. Rifle on center table.  Shotgun on right table. 
ATB. Hands  on that. rifle 1st.  With rifle engage an outside target 1 time, then 4 on center target.  Then engage the other outside target 1 time, then 4 on the center target pistols or shotgun next.  Pistols repeat rifle instructions. Pistols may be holstered or restaged on table. Shotgun from right table 4 kd.

Stage 4
Move pistol targets to center. 2 kd on each side of pistol targets. 
Targets.  3 rifle, 3 pistol, 4 kd.
Staging.  Rifle on left table.  Shotgun on center table.  Pistols holstered. 
Gun order.  Rifle, pistols or shotgun. 
ATB.  Hands on rifle. Engage outside targets twice each and center target 6 times in any order. Pistols or shotgun next.  Pistols repeat rifle instructions. Shotgun 4 kd.

Stage  5
Targets. 3 rifle, 3 pistol,  4 kd . Targets are placed same as stage 4.
Staging.  Rifle on left table. Shotgun any table.  Pistols holstered.
Gun order. Rifle not last. 
ATB. hands on gun/s of choice. Rifle , engage targets with two sweeps from same end. 1-1-3. Then 3-1-1. Pistols from center table repeat rifle instructions. Shotgun,  2 kd from left table and 2 kd from right table.

Thanks for doing this again Purly!  

There will be more than just two of us shooting this here in at our club in southwest Louisiana this time.  Plus, I expect there also will be several shooters partaking in the mail in shoot at our neighboring club in southeast Texas who didn't enter the match the first time you put it on.  Yippee!

Hellbender

6 hours ago, Hellbender said:

Thanks for doing this again Purly!  

There will be more than just two of us shooting this here in at our club in southwest Louisiana this time.  Plus, I expect there also will be several shooters partaking in the mail in shoot at our neighboring club in southeast Texas who didn't enter the match the first time you put it on.  Yippee!

Hellbender

The more the merrier. 

12 minutes ago, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

The more the merrier. 

I got our cowboy town ready this afternoon.  We can shoot stages 1 - 3 at the Saloon. or the Drugstore, or the Livery (shooters choice)  and 4 - 5 at the General Store.   This is gonna be a blast!

6 minutes ago, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

I have to move my targets.  I only have one bay set up. 

That shouldn't be too hard to do the way you set those scenarios up.  We're lucky to have a dedicated cowboy town with 7 stages.  I still had to move some targets to fit your scenarios, but only a few stationary ones.

18 minutes ago, Hellbender said:

Are scores to be sent to Sudden Sam like last time?

Yes Mark, you can email to him at relchatt@comcast.net or text 423 605 7313

13 minutes ago, Ocoee Red #31751 said:

Yes Mark, you can email to him at relchatt@comcast.net or text 423 605 7313

Thanks Terry!

Even our outdoor ranges are closed here in Ontario. Whine-Sob-Sniffle

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Even our outdoor ranges are closed here in Ontario. Whine-Sob-Sniffle

Most of the ranges are closed here to organized shoots. One will let individuals use the range as long as you do the social distancing. 

Cold Lake Kid please don't pay any attention to Purly. He forgets how the common man lives. He is like J.R. Ewing walking out the back door of South Fork Ranch shooting on his own private range. I aspire to someday live the life like him. :D (or turn him upside down and shake him for loose change)

On 4/23/2020 at 12:33 PM, Barkeep Casey said:

Cold Lake Kid please don't pay any attention to Purly. He forgets how the common man lives. He is like J.R. Ewing walking out the back door of South Fork Ranch shooting on his own private range. I aspire to someday live the life like him. :D (or turn him upside down and shake him for loose change)

Hey Barkeep, you could just nudge ole Purly a mite with your boat paddle, he might'n cough up some samolians! :P

Kajun

Thank you for doing this I really enjoyed it. Almost for got what is was like to shoot a match. I just emailed my scores in.

Purly that was a great match, thank you!  We're looking forward to the next one.

On 4/23/2020 at 12:33 PM, Barkeep Casey said:

So true, Barkeep.

I went to the bank on Friday to withdraw about $40 bucks.  It took a couple bank employees nearly 30 minutes to move

Purly's money out of the way before they could get to mine.

..........WIdder

Well our season is opening up so I'll be shooting normal matches starting next week..  it was a great time setting it up in the back yard

On 4/23/2020 at 11:33 AM, Barkeep Casey said:

Don't know bout git'n any loose change outta him----- but ya might git enough rocks outta him to gravel a few stages iff'n ya shake him hard enough   :o:P:D:lol::lol:

Our ranges, including the outdoor ranges, have been closed and padlocked.

The powers that be let us know that we risked a fine of up to $500,000.00 if caught and convicted.

Now that's Canadian dollars, but still......... 

Archived