SASS Wire Forum

Skateboard Park Filled With Sand? DIRTBIKE!

Subdeacon Joe

So the skaters are out there skating in the street in the parking lot and on the sidewalk, blocking both vehicular and pedestrian traffic. For some reason this annoys a man who yells at them.

> A skater walked calmly over to get his 7/11 slushie and returned to the yelling man to empty it all over his tuxedo and his wife's dress<

This tells me that skateboarders are dicks.

Yes, all skateboarders are evil little sonsofbetchas. They ALL must die! Kill them! Kill them! :lol:

Same with kids on bikes, kids playing in the streets, kids playing ball! All of them. They are eeevvviiiiiillllll

EVIL I TELLYOU! :D

Someday me and auto-Coronavirus are going to war!

I guess what this is about is to question why a skateboard park is filled with sand, which makes it impossible for skateboard kids to play there.  And, the concrete areas they might still be able to play on is being taken over by kids on motorbikes, that probably are prohibited from being in a skateboard park anyway.  Makes me wonder whose daddy knows who at the City, that this could happen.

Anyway, the point I take from this is that the whole place should be bulldozed to install kiddie tennis courts and basketball hoops and let the little motorbike brats play in traffic.

The Perennial Wet Blanket,

Cat Brules

7 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

which makes it impossible for skateboard kids to play there.  And, the concrete areas they might still be able to play on is being taken over by kids on motorbikes,

My guess is that there is a huge overlap between the skateboard kids and the motorbike kids.

The bigger question is did the City of Los Angeles file and environmental impact report and get permission from the California Coastal Commission before moving those tons of beach sand.

ADDED:

If you look at this photograph you can see that the City of Los Angeles laid strips of sand in the flat areas:

safe_image.php?d=AQCfuoFQ2RUxkM4j&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbuffer-media-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com%2F5e9e182d32f5c066c8657c83%2Fd7b309283faf5e9ed8ea081c5198079c63d55ceb_258e9469ac73b4d25ed4029b131a509811a7a854_facebook&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQDRAzKgcTLw8UGH

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yes, all skateboarders are evil little sonsofbetchas. They ALL must die! Kill them! Kill them! :lol:

Same with kids on bikes, kids playing in the streets, kids playing ball! All of them. They are eeevvviiiiiillllll

EVIL I TELLYOU! :D

Someday me and auto-Coronavirus are going to war!

I agree Pat! These damn kids ought to be home playing video games and eating ice cream and getting fat and getting early diabetes! What the heck is the matter with them trying to go outside and play! That's terrible!:P:P

I'd be tearing it up as a kid. Had a ball on my bike. I'd be on this one but I can't kick it over with my new(er) legs.

IMG_20180615_202335436.jpg

I could never understand why parents living on quarter acre lots would buy their spoiled brats dirt bikes knowing that there was no legal place to ride them and then complain when the little angels were cited for riding on the streets or private property 

35 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

I was far from a spoiled brat and my dad only complained that I didn't get away! :P

Did you live on a1/4 acre suburban lot and ride on private property  without permission leaving washouts and destroying vegetation. Did you pull the mufflers so that people couldn’t enjoy their property for the noise because you thought it was cool 

Nope. Rode city streets, and trails with permission. Rode construction sites as more hoods went in. Yep, lived in a suburban neighborhood. Went miles in all directions. Had a ball. If people left me alone I left them alone. If some old guy that should have minded his own business yelled at me? - yeah, I did some of that then. And would today. 

https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuing_coverage/coronavirus_coverage/queen-creek-says-skate-park-visitors-ignored-signs-social-distancing/article_00084548-8378-11ea-861f-efb99e351158.html

I saw where that happened at a park in Arizona.  It's becoming an epidemic.  In the Arizona case, the city council didn't know who had done it and opened an investigation into who did it.  No one at the city was willing to own up to it so one theory was that a neighbor got a tractor and did it themselves.  I can't find it now but I saw a picture of the kids out there with dustpans and shovels removing the sand themselves. 

Deputies checking fishing licences? Uh huh. Thought that was Fish and Game...

40 years ago that would have been me on the dirtbike.

We have Ms Grundy's around here trying to shut down the kids on the 4 wheelers.  The biggest complaint is that they're not wearing helmets.  My response is, they're not your kids, mind your own business. 

The kids drinking and doing drugs down by the beach house I won't tolerate.  I've run them off more than once. 

1 minute ago, sassnetguy50 said:

The push button bikes are competitive now.

I wish I could get one. Got a quad and that fits my style more. 

3 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Nope. Rode city streets, and trails with permission. Rode construction sites as more hoods went in. Yep, lived in a suburban neighborhood. Went miles in all directions. Had a ball. If people left me alone I left them alone. If some old guy that should have minded his own business yelled at me? - yeah, I did some of that then. And would today. 

So you rode illegally on city streets I would give you one warning before citing you. If you fled I would be waiting in your driveway when you got home and I would start writing until I got writers cramp. The first citation would be fleeing and eluding which carried a very long license suspension.

1 hour ago, Henry T Harrison said:

So you rode illegally on city streets I would give you one warning before citing you. If you fled I would be waiting in your driveway when you got home and I would start writing until I got writers cramp. The first citation would be fleeing and eluding which carried a very long license suspension.

I was 13. Paid to get my bike back. Had a shit ton of fun. Worth every penny.

On 4/21/2020 at 5:40 PM, Henry T Harrison said:

LOL.  Yamaha YZ 250 dirt bike.  Good luck.  You wouldn't stand a chance.  FYI, they don't come with lights, blinkers, OR TAGS.  I did about the same things Slim did and also rode it to school every day my sophomore year.  No tag, no lights, no blinkers, no problem. 

On 4/21/2020 at 5:40 PM, Henry T Harrison said:

5549E929-4263-480D-B209-85DB5176AF7F-6323-000003FD4F3701B4.PNG

49 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

LOL.  Yamaha YZ 250 dirt bike.  Good luck.  You wouldn't stand a chance.  FYI, they don't come with lights, blinkers, OR TAGS.  I did about the same things Slim did and also rode it to school every day my sophomore year.  No tag, no lights, no blinkers, no problem. 

Too many damn fences!

3 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Looks like a yz450f, 06-09.

Archived