SASS Wire Forum

Second hand Lions

My wife and I watched it last night. We had seen it before long ago ,but the only part I remembered was when Duval kicked the stuffings out of 5 punks. My wife said she didn't remember any of it. Great to get old, we can watch movies again like they were new movies.

You should try living with a wife who is on a large opiates regimen for pain relief.  I have watched movies five or six times, only because, "We've never seen that one".  Thing is, these days, I'd give just about anything to re-watch, watch, watch, watch one of those moves with her again.  Gotta go now.....screen's getting all fuzzy!  

I saw that movie for the first time a few weeks ago.

It's great. I hadn't heard of it, but when I saw Duvall was in it, I started watching it, and it was a really nice movie.

Great movie.

Was actually made into a stage production as well.

I like that movie a lot.  If I see it scheduled again, I’ll be sure to watch it.

Cat Brules

3 hours ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

My wife and I watched it last night. We had seen it before long ago ,but the only part I remembered was when Duval kicked the stuffings out of 5 punks. My wife said she didn't remember any of it. Great to get old, we can watch movies again like they were new movies.

Yeah, and you can hide your own Easter eggs, Tascosa.  But that is about all. 

20 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Yeah, and you can hide your own Easter eggs, Tascosa.  But that is about all. 

We don't hide easter eggs! When I was 8 yrs old my dad thought I needed to learn responsibility so.... he asked me if I wanted to raise a few chickens (it was during WW2). I said yes, and he come home with 300 BABY CHICKS!!! Few?. Im 82 and just starting to eat fried chicken and scrambled eggs.

I saw it a couple years ago and thought it was a good movie. I saw it the other day in the Wal-Mart $3.00 movie bin and they had several copies so now I own it.

For $3.00, I can watch it several times.

Archived