SASS Wire Forum

Part for my gun cart. Where can I find these?

Try this company: https://www.allriteproducts.com/products/pack-rackreg-plus The original patent on your holders was to Dennis Hancock and assigned to this company in the 1990s.

4 hours ago, Cholla said:

Try this company: https://www.allriteproducts.com/products/pack-rackreg-plus The original patent on your holders was to Dennis Hancock and assigned to this company in the 1990s.

Do you like the All Rite better than the Kilo in and ATV Tek?

4 hours ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Thanks. Info was a big help.

9 hours ago, Foard County News, SASS #77236 said:

Do you like the All Rite better than the Kilo in and ATV Tek?

I have not tried any of them. I have a wooden gun cart. I just looked up the patent numbers in your photos.

Foard,

When I used these on my baby stroller carts, I chose the ones that were easiest to mount on my conversion.  My wife made me buy a bigger Rugged Gear cart, because she kept adding more stuff to our cart.  Those of us who have been married a long time know "what mama wants, mama gets".  B)

ive used the kolpin on both of my carts and not been disappointed , the ones i use will rotate to allow front loading longrifles and side loading the SXSs on my regular main match cart offers a lot of options on a single setup , the sporting clays cart seldom needs those options but could be there if needed pr as backup cart [loaner] i have been more than satisfied with their products , 

Thanks to everyone. It helped my find parts to replace these units on my cart.

My first concern though was the overall effectiveness and sturdiness of the unit. I wanted to try one hands on to make sure I wasn't buying 3 replacements instead of one.

Why I decided against the Kolpin

The Kolpin might well have worked just fine. However, I had two issues with what is packaging indicates is a medium duty rack kit. 

Number 1 the literture says this unit is intended for 15 pounds of material. Granted this unit is intended to be used on a ATV and not gun cart. On an ATV the motion of the ATV is more severe than on a gun cart so maybe the 15 pound limit is not truly a limit in my application. Other than the cart taking a tumble down a hill it is hard to believe it will ever experience the extremes of bouncing around on a ATV.

The other part that caused me concern were that the jaws on unit that would cradle my guns was extremely rigid; there was very little flex. I wasn't sure without having my firearms there whether I wanted that much pressure on my stocks and barrels.

All-Rite

My only real issue with the All Rite was that I did not have a unit I could try out. It might well have been the closest design to what I have presently (they were bought out) they had made some changes (probably improvements) but without be able to examine those changes I could not tell whether these were as good as the originals.

ATV-Tek (what I bought)

I have not installed these yet...more to come.

Sportsman's Warehouse had these units on the shelf. Though the mounting hardware is a little larger than the originals, the clamping cradles had plenty of flex. There was lots of adjustment capabilities that the Kolpin lacked as well.

Also, Sportsman's is pretty close which makes returning this unit if it doesn't work out pretty easy.

I won't have a chance to put these through real world use until our club starts shooting again. I hope that is soon.

Rugged Gear has a huge line of accessories for folks who have ATVs or build/modify their own gun carts. If you decide on Rugged Gear parts, use code BU0770 and it will save you 10%! :)

Big hugs!

Scarlett

Archived