SASS Wire Forum

Time to fire up the smoker.

Dirty Dan Dawkins

Just pulled a pork shoulder out of mine..    Ready for a nap,  started a 5 am         GW

Raining off and on here today, and my smoker is in an uncovered area.  Have to wait for a dry day, because I have to monitor it while partaking of adult beverages...

3 hours ago, G W Wade said:

Just pulled a pork shoulder out of mine..    Ready for a nap,  started a 5 am         GW

Did one last weekend. 24 hours. Absolutely fell to pieces the way pulled pork should. Leftovers were even better.

First time I tried that long a smoke at that low a heat. 12-14 hours seem to be sufficient for a 7-9 pound Boston butt, but a longer, slower smoke did render away about all of the fat.

3 weeks back we had smoked rib eyes, 2 weeks back smoked pork steaks, last weeked lemon pepper chicken quarters. 

The rib eyes were delicious, too good to have frequently. 

I think I'll smoke some ground chuck burgers next weekend.

My favorite thing to do is baby back ribs, but I have to wait til there around $7 a rack. I'll do the St Louis ribs, too,is on sale, but prefer the more meat of the baby back vs more fat of St Louis.

Haven't done a beef brisket yet, my favorite cut of meat. I read Jaques Pepin made burgers with ground brisket, now that is something i need to try, but brisket has gotten insanely expensive around here. Even on sale, $50-60 per....

Archived